• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subscription Service

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

So I just got word that my comic source (current titles) is closing in September. :(

This is a major bummer for me for a lot of reasons not the least of which is that it was run by a long-time friend.

So I'm looking for recommendations for a good service for modern books that will keep me reading. ;)

One of the best things I liked about my past service was that they would ship all my books in a *mylar* and board. I realize that might be tought to find, but it's my number one hope.

I'm not hung up on prices and discounts though they are nice. Another perk I got from my previous service was variants. I ddin't have to order 10 issues of a title (or 50, or whatever) in order to get the variant covers - this would be my second 'wish' for a new service though like the first I realize I had it good and I may be out of luck.

Any way thanks in advance for any suggestions. I'm out of the house today so I won't be able to check responses until this evening.

P.S. I *did* do a search prior to posting for this, but couldn't find anything of much use. (shrug):foryou:

Check out Discount Comic Book Service at DCBS. I know that quite a few of us are getting their books from there and I would recommend them because:

1) my books always arrive in great shape,

2) the discounts are nice,

3) customer service is excellent.

4) you can get books in Mylites and Half Backs for an extra $0.30 if you so desire,

5) you can pre-order the variants at what seems reasonable prices (no need to order multiple copies),

6) for 50 / 50 covers, you can email them before they pack if you have a cover preference and they'll accomodate your choice,

and the list goes on.

On the downside, you have to order books as they are solicited and so you can't buy recent back issues from them. Not a problem for me as I fill in holes locally.

Check out Discount Comic Book Service at DCBS. I know that quite a few of us are getting their books from there and I would recommend them because:

1) my books always arrive in great shape,

2) the discounts are nice,

3) customer service is excellent.

4) you can get books in Mylites and Half Backs for an extra $0.30 if you so desire,

5) you can pre-order the variants at what seems reasonable prices (no need to order multiple copies),

6) for 50 / 50 covers, you can email them before they pack if you have a cover preference and they'll accomodate your choice,

and the list goes on.

On the downside, you have to order books as they are solicited and so you can't buy recent back issues from them. Not a problem for me as I fill in holes locally.

i agree 100% with dcbs.

I was with Mailordercomics.com. They were reliable, have a very usable web interface, offer bagging & boarding, and offer most cmics at 40% off, and books at 38% off. Some are 50% off, though, and they have at least 4 comics a month at 75% off. You can get your stuff shipped weekly, biweekly or monthly.

Comicsupplies.com offers a sub service, as well, and allows you to get recent back issues. Their rewards program stacks up well, even considering that they offer a flat 40% (I think).

Good luck!

I was with Mailordercomics.com. They were reliable, have a very usable web interface, offer bagging & boarding, and offer most cmics at 40% off, and books at 38% off. Some are 50% off, though, and they have at least 4 comics a month at 75% off. You can get your stuff shipped weekly, biweekly or monthly.

Comicsupplies.com offers a sub service, as well, and allows you to get recent back issues. Their rewards program stacks up well, even considering that they offer a flat 40% (I think).

Good luck!

I think you mean Comicsupply.com - that's what I've been using for the last few years. 40% off the items, $4.99 monthly shipping, the option to get everything in Mylites2 &half/full-backs, and a pretty slick subscription service interface.