• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Hi Grade: Neal Adams, Batman, Superboy, Superman, Spectre, 100 Pgs, BRONZE

26 posts in this topic

I am posting 9 high grade slabs for sale this afternoon, ranging from 8.0 to 9.8, starting around 3 PM EST.

So let the popcorn munching begin :popcorn:

Standard rules - :takeit: trumps all

PM offers also considered

Postage is not included in the prices.

Payment forms accepted are paypal (up to about $150 max), money orders, cashiers checks, cash, and checks (after they clear).

I normally do not take paypal once the amount is over about $150 though in general, even if the buyer offers to pay the paypal costs, so please keep this in mind.

I ship worldwide.

Anyone living in the New York City area is welcome to meet me in person for pick up

I have not sold on CGC boards before but I have been selling on ebay since 1997, my userid is FINSCANES and I have 6000+ positive comments (as a seller), and what was a 99.9% feedback rating before ebay started counting neutrals against a person (now it is 99.4% under the new system). I have NEVER received a negative comment in 11 years on ebay for failure to deliver an item.

No returns on CGC graded books please, unless I do something obviously wrong, like ship the wrong book, state the wrong grade, etc.

Thanks for looking. :hi:

Just curious, but why do you not accept paypal over $150?

I have been burned too many times on ebay with people paying me with paypal, then calling their credit card company directly, and reversing the charges for no reason. They do not even email me first, they just take the money back, keep the comics, and I never hear from them again.

When this happens, paypal automatically takes the money out of the seller's account. There is no way to dispute it. The seller loses 100% of the time.

So after that happened to me several times, I decided to no longer take paypal over a certain amount. If I am going to lose money like that, at least the losses will be contained.

I have done about 30,000 deals on ebay since 1997 and had 99.9% feedback (before ebay's changes to feedback system). I figured that was enough of a track record to ask people to pay for major purchases by a means other than paypal.

I have been burned too many times on ebay with people paying me with paypal, then calling their credit card company directly, and reversing the charges for no reason. They do not even email me first, they just take the money back, keep the comics, and I never hear from them again.

When this happens, paypal automatically takes the money out of the seller's account. There is no way to dispute it. The seller loses 100% of the time.

So after that happened to me several times, I decided to no longer take paypal over a certain amount. If I am going to lose money like that, at least the losses will be contained.

I have done about 30,000 deals on ebay since 1997 and had 99.9% feedback (before ebay's changes to feedback system). I figured that was enough of a track record to ask people to pay for major purchases by a means other than paypal.

You think this would happen with people on the boards? Especially with any of the long time members, I wouldn't imagine that would ever happen.

I'll be watching for the Superboy's by the way. :popcorn:

You think this would happen with people on the boards?

No probably not. It does not happen often with ebay people either. But there is always one that ruins it for the rest.

The last loss I took was a raw Batman 100 Pager that sold for $60. I shipped the comic, he took back the money, paypal deducted it from my account, and I never heard from him again. Phone calls to his house for over a month just went to the answering machine.

It's just a general guideline I have to stop this from happening to me on a really large sale.

I understand your point and I can definatly see that you would be gunshy if you have gotten burned several times.

However, I like and need the flexibility that Paypal offers me. If you dont want to accept Paypal, then if there is something that I want, I probably will have to pass. However, if my obnoxious amount of posts 16k+ and reputation on the boards are good enough for you, then perhaps we can do business.

Arex

OK, first of all, I might raise my paypal max above $150 if you are a longtime member of these boards or ebay. PM me and we can discuss paypal limits if you want.

Also, assume no cracks in the cases unless otherwise stated.

I will be posting the 4 Neal Adams books first, first one is:

Batman #222, famous Beatles cover by Adams, C-OW, 9.0 (this was graded a long time ago and might grade at 9.2 now if resubbed), $210 obo

01batman222ke8.jpg

Next book:

Saga Of Ra's Al Ghul #4

9.8, White, Adams art, incredible brand new Neal Adams wraparound cover with Talia on the back, from 1988 (20 years old now), $70 obo

02sagaofras4fl5.jpg

Next book:

Superboy Annual #1

8.0, C-OW, from 1964, 80 page giant, 2 tiny hairline cracks in case on the edge, no cracks on either the front or the back, this was graded a long time ago and might receive a grade bump if it was re-subbed, $150 obo

05superboyannual1vs8.jpg