• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check This Out!

15 posts in this topic

Hi all! Just got back some great sketches from the Big Apple Con in NY. Please PM me if you are interested in any books.

157261007_o.jpg

Rich Buckler

157261036_o.jpg

Pat Gleason

Super Nice Guy! I know I know it is killowag on a Marvel book. But who cares! I DONT

157261111_o.jpg

Paolo Rivera

I have been trying for 3 conventions to get this guy!

157261059_o.jpg

Gene Ha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

157261242_o.jpg

Love that magneto texeira sketch!

157261142_o.jpg

Rodney Ramos....Very fun.

157261190_o.jpg

Mark Texeira Pencils, Mike Lily Inks. This was their first collaboration together ever!

157261084_o.jpg

Last but not least this was done by my friend Mar Omega. He is an up and coming artist from the Joe Kubert art school. He has done some stuff for Heavy Metal and this is his character creation CyberKat. It is still in development, but he hopes for it to be picked up one day. Anyways he is a great artist and if anyone wants his contact info let me know.

Thanks a bunch for the kind words. It was a lot of fun getting these commissions done. I was also able to get 1 Arthur Suydam sketch. All I can say is that that is out of this world. And no, sadly I dont have scans because this book is not complete yet.

My friends website is www.MarOmega.com if you are interested in seeing any more of his work.

Yesterday Mar hooked me up with a secret invasion of his cyberkat beating up ironman....I will try to throw a post up later after work. I think he uses white out to go outside the lines like that. It is a cool concept that I think works with these marvel covers. He is close to getting some stuff in Heavy Metal magazine soon.

I got paolo rivera to also do a spiderman which is going to go in my personal collection it was a sweet half peter parker/half spidey sketch with his spidey sense going off. needless to say ol Chandler has that and its getting the stan lee royal treatment. Yeah I love how he did the band of asteroids trailing off it is so simple but cool.

As far as the question goes as to a typical range of these marvel sketchbooks I would offer up this info. I have sold some sketches for as cheap as 59.99 on ebay (most recently that billy tan cap/skrull sketch) and I have also sold headsketches for 350 and in a few rare instances when I had a British buyer even for higher prices. It depends on the artist and how much they put into the piece, also the concept, and also what it is worth to the owner. (And if stan lee signs it!) It also depends on what you pay the artist in order to get something out of them. I will also add that there is a trend that I have seen over the last two years that has shown the artists to be raising their prices dramatically. This is one of my favorite collections to build, so I hang onto my favorite covers which I would not sell unless it is pryed out of my hands for some good coin so that I can go back to being a commision addict!