• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hugh Jackman at San Diego Comic Con

41 posts in this topic

1. who is your friend and how much did it cost you $$$$ to meet him

2. what are you going to do with the book ? ebay maybe

3. does your friend know Hugh Jackman ? and if so who else does he know ?

4. is the book yours if not who's?

1. that is my secret and will stay that way and as for cost... NOTHING... Well accept a nice dinner when my friend and I have time to get together on a social level. :/

2. the book is going to Baltimore to be signed by Herb Trimpe and hopefully Bob Wiecek. After Baltimore, it will be submitted for grading. As for after that, we will have to see. I have already starting to see private offers coming in via PM's and e-mails. I will say it is well into the 4 figure already.

3. My friend knows ALOT of people and who else he knows stays between him and I. (tsk)

4. Yes the book is mine. It is 1 of 5 copies I have of that book. :headbang:

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

curious about what thecollector has to say as well. I thought he was the king of being at the right place at the right time. Unless he has one as well and is keeping quiet.....

No thecollector was NOT anywhere near this signing and he didn't know Hugh was there until AFTER I showed him the book in the CGC booth and Hugh was safely on his way back to the airport. I did it that way by design :roflmao:

And as far as I know he does not have one. This is based on his response to me when I showed him the book. lol

As for thecollector being in the right place at the right time to get things signed, he is still the master of that art. I don't think I could ever master the art of hiding in the shadows, stalking my pray, the way he does. lol

But I do have to say thank you to thecollector. It was because of a BET he made with me back at the New York Comic Con that started this whole thing. And I don't like to LOSE, so I was going to get the job done and I DID. Now it is time to pay that bet off. :baiting:

I do have a few more things up my sleeve when it comes to hard to get signatures so stay tuned. :popcorn:

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

lol you could use the pic of you and Jackman in like a cgc signature series "how to" manual. You could title the pic......How to witness an autograph. Then have like two arrows one pointing to you saying SS witness and one to jackman being like celebrity. lololol :)

Hmmm, I will have to contact my agent about that. Maybe next year. :cloud9:

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Well... I am working on Joe Simon (verbal agreement in place. waiting for contracts to be signed)

Also trying to get to Richard Ayers and Joe Sinnott.

I have a signing with Mark Millar & Tony Harris on Aug 21st.

I hopefully will be getting together with Joe Rubenstein around the end of August.

And I am trying to put together a John Romita Sr/Jr. signing later this year or early next year in Los Angeles.

Those are the only ones that I am at liberty to talk about for right now.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Well... I am working on Joe Simon (verbal agreement in place. waiting for contracts to be signed)

I hopefully will be getting together with Joe Rubenstein around the end of August.

And I am trying to put together a John Romita Sr/Jr. signing later this year or early next year in Los Angeles.

hm

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Get a Bettie Page signing set up. If you can do that, then you are really THE MAN! :wishluck:

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Get a Bettie Page signing set up. If you can do that, then you are really THE MAN! :wishluck:

I'll see what I can do. lol

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Oh I forgot one very special session I am working on.. :gossip:

Jack Kirby :o

I am waiting for a call back from world famous Jean Dixon as to being able to have an audience with Jack. I will keep you all posted.

GOTCHA! :roflmao::kidaround:

I have to have fun sometime. lol

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I'll see what I can do. lol

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

:luhv:

I am waiting for a call back from world famous Jean Dixon as to being able to have an audience with Jack. I will keep you all posted.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

But Chandler Jean Dixon is also dead.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

But Chandler Jean Dixon is also dead.

:blush: