• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hugh Jackman at San Diego Comic Con

41 posts in this topic

Ok, so I wanted to have a little fun with this story. As most of you know and for those that didn't, Hugh Jackman made a surprise visit to the San Diego Comic Con on Thursday afternoon. I was sitting with Sharon, Joel Elad and our crew eating lunch when I got a phone call from my friend who said "Guess who is standing 20 feet away from me right now". I said "Stan Lee?". He said "NOPE", I said "Frank Miller?" And again he said "NOPE". Well I figured ok who is it. (My understanding was Hugh Jackman was overseas filming "Wolverine" at the time) So I said "ok I don't know, who is standing near you?" He said "Who have you been pestering me about for the last two months?" I said "I don't know, I have been pestering you about several people, so who is it?" He says "Hugh Jackman". I said "WHAT??? I thought he was overseas?" He said "Well he is here doing interviews and meeting Stan Lee. So get your bu** up here now, he is in room 29A and is leaving in a few minutes".

So food starts FLYING OFF of the table as I grab what I had left and stuffed it into my pockets and we all ran down to the CGC booth as I said to myself "God please let there be one Hulk 340 in my boxes in the booth".

Upon reaching the CGC booth, I quickly look in my boxes and by the grace of God found a copy of my Hulk 340. I run up to meeting room 29A which as on the second floor at the far south end of the convention center. I find it SURROUNDED by fans everywhere waiting for Hugh to come out of the room. I am out of breath and my friend comes out of the room and rushes me into the next room as we walk to the service area behind the meeting rooms. He tells me to wait there and he will bring Hugh to me just before Hugh leaves for his limo to the airport. Finally through the doors comes "WOLVERINE" himself, Hugh Jackman and his security. My friend introduces me to Hugh and I present Hugh with the copy of Incredible Hulk 340 for him to sign. He sees it and says 'OH WOW! How cool is this book." I asked if he would grant me the honor of signing it and he says, "Hey man, I would LOVE to sign this book. This is a cool book." He proceeds to sign it, we shake hands and he thanks me for showing him the book and then walks off with his security. I stand there in shock that I just got Hugh Jackman to sign my book and start giving high fives to everyone who was still there. So with God as my witness, as well as Joel and my friend and a few others, I got my Incredible Hulk 340 signed by Hugh Jackman. This book had been previously signed by the following: Peter David (the writer), Todd McFarlane (the artist), Lou Ferrigno (the original Incredible Hulk) and Stan "The Man" Lee. I will also have it signed by Bob Wiecek (the inker) and Herb Trimpe (the original Wolverine arist) in Baltimore to finish it off.

So that is my story of meeting Hugh Jackman and getting my Hulk 340 signed at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con. Below are a few pictures for everyone.

HughJackmanSDCC.jpg

Hugh being interviewed.

Hulk340.jpg

This is a scan of the book Hugh signed. He signed it in the middle of the claw.

HughJackmanChandlerSDCC.jpg

Yours truly standing there in awe watching Hugh sign the book.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

curious about what thecollector has to say as well. I thought he was the king of being at the right place at the right time. Unless he has one as well and is keeping quiet.....

yeah, it does look like he has that book might firm....hope ya didnt get any spine wrinkles...... Awesome job Chandler!

lol you could use the pic of you and Jackman in like a cgc signature series "how to" manual. You could title the pic......How to witness an autograph. Then have like two arrows one pointing to you saying SS witness and one to jackman being like celebrity. lololol :)

lol you could use the pic of you and Jackman in like a cgc signature series "how to" manual. You could title the pic......How to witness an autograph. Then have like two arrows one pointing to you saying SS witness and one to jackman being like celebrity. lololol :)

Where do I buy this manual? ...Oh wait, I'm still not a witness! :(

1. who is your friend and how much did it cost you $$$$ to meet him

2. what are you going to do with the book ? ebay maybe

3. does your friend know Hugh Jackman ? and if so who else does he know ?

4. is the book yours if not who's?