• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's The Best Convention FOR COMICS !!

Comic Convention Choices  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Comic Convention Choices

16 posts in this topic

not to be hard to get along with, but, the times I have been to Heroes have not been great buying shows for me. Not even close to Chicago or Baltimore. Now, that might not be a fair assesment, but what I perceive to be the case.

not to be hard to get along with, but, the times I have been to Heroes have not been great buying shows for me. Not even close to Chicago or Baltimore. Now, that might not be a fair assesment, but what I perceive to be the case.

What he said.

I'm trying to determine which is the best convention to go to next year strictly for COMIC deals and selection... particularly copper and modern age books.

Orlando

I wish, but everyone should start coming here anyway. :headbang:

I'm trying to determine which is the best convention to go to next year strictly for COMIC deals and selection... particularly copper and modern age books.

You need a crack option.

Anyway, I went to SD in 2005. I DID get a lot of books but that was only because a very few dealers had a lot of pre-code. but for pre-code in general? I actually found a lot more precode dealers at some of the Wondercons (local for me) than I did at SD. SD was a trmemndous disappointment as far as the number of dealers of GA/Precocde.

i thought wondercon was actually good for buying in my opinion. (only been to 3 cons: wondercon, supercon, sdcc)

i will definitly be going to those 3 next year also. i really want to go to chicago but that seems pretty far to me.

Please re-read. I did say that Wondercon had more ga/precode dealers. ther WAS one yer around 2002/2003 when the precode at Wondercon was horrid and very overprcoed. I posted about it here.

But for buying SWondercon is better than SD IMO. :hi:

Charlotte blew for me as a buyer this year.Chicago was the following week,and a lot of the same dealers were headed there,so they weren't really cutting any deals in Charlotte.

The last time I set up in Baltimore (2 years ago) it rocked! I am picking up a complete Marvel collection from FF#1 til now & I hope to set up again this year if I can process it all in time!