• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Siegel and Schuster Superman sketches

2 posts in this topic

I am not an art collector and don't really have a good pulse on pricing. My father has the following 2 sketches and was wondering what the value of each was...he's not looking to sell them, but rather for insurance purposes. I figured this would be the best place to get an estimate of value. I had asked him to bring them so I could scan them, but he photocopied them instead. The Schuster sketch is on a 4x6 piece of paper with the sketch done in pencil and the signature in ink. The Siegel sketch is done on 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 in ink on pink paper inscribed to "Ed"...my fathers name, but not done for him.

He is also considering matting and framing both sketches together and is looking for some ideas of what he can frame them with...my opinion is that the sketches would stand on their own and something with them would take away from them, but he disagrees...anybody have any ideas??? Thanks for your help!!

Supermansketches.jpg[/img]

Really neat, nostalgic pieces. I know there is a general feeling about not framing original art with the printed comic page. But I think framing these with a something from that era of Superman would be cool looking.

Here is a link to a CC Beck page I had framed with a Captain Marvel Club envelope from the 40's and a small print that Mr. Beck signed for me a few weeks before he passed away.

Framed art

I use a guy in Ellicott City MD who frames Confederate battle flags and the like, so he enjoys doing this work, but for what you are considering use a good local framer and use the best UV protection glass available.