• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man! Didn't know modern art would appreciate so quickly!

32 posts in this topic

It really isn't about prices appreciating. It's about dealers (and collectors) trying to flip art. Hell, everyone wants to make a living right?

I don't necessarily agree with this but it's all driven by:

1) $$$. People want more profits.

2) Select collector's driving up prices. As mentioned by an earlier poster.

3) Cashed up baby boomers. Who are happy to drop retirement money on OA.

I've stopped buying OA because prices are getting insane. Can't afford much anymore.

As for JrJr. He doesn't sell art anymore. But the ones for sale are usually put up by his inker. An inker gets 1/3 of the OA back. Someone like Dan Green who regularly inks JrJr will sell his share. :-)

Man, Donnelly is the worst. He bought the cover to Conan #275 for approx. $700 around a year ago. He is selling it for $3500. (I mean not selling it). That is a ridiculous price at half that! Conan covers appreciate quickly!

How does one get a price on a piece of Donnelly/Coolines art for sale? Every piece I see on their CAF states "INQUIRE". Is it that difficult to list a price? rantrant

Man, Donnelly is the worst. He bought the cover to Conan #275 for approx. $700 around a year ago. He is selling it for $3500. (I mean not selling it). That is a ridiculous price at half that! Conan covers appreciate quickly!

How does one get a price on a piece of Donnelly/Coolines art for sale? Every piece I see on their CAF states "INQUIRE". Is it that difficult to list a price? rantrant

Good Luck!

Every time I email them to ask about a price on their pieces I never get an answer

Good Luck!

Every time I email them to ask about a price on their pieces I never get an answer

I wouldn't worry...even when you do get an answer their price is ALWAYS at least double what you expected. :screwy:

Good Luck!

I wouldn't worry...even when you do get an answer their price is ALWAYS at least double what you expected. :screwy:

I Just want more secret wars pages from issue 9 but he never answers

They change prices frequently. In a 5 month span the Wolverine 55 cover I bought from them went up $800.

They change prices frequently. In a 5 month span the Wolverine 55 cover I bought from them went up $800.

You bought it and they still had it listed?

I remember I did get a price from them once on an ebay auction they had. It was for a Romita Jr Spidey and MJ sketch, nothing great but they wanted $275 for it. The auction ended with no bids and I asked them what they were willing to let it go for...$350 was the response I received. So, even though it didn't sell for $275 on ebay, he wanted more for it when I inquired about it! (shrug)

You bought it and they still had it listed?

No I wanted a gauge on the asking price so I could save up for it and when I inquired again the price was $800 higher.

lol I just noticed part of the quote was talking about the Conan 275 was thinking of inquiring about that one but lost interest. I really love the cover but the OA for this particular issue losses so much in black and white. The published coloring really pulls the cover together. Never knew the asking price but for that much I'd rather save a little extra and get a full color Conan Norem painting.