• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Alex Ross art getting old?

26 posts in this topic

I think Alex's stuff is and will continue to be great, but there is the lack of "WOW" factor that comes with seeing it over and over. While he was unlike anyone else out there, and still is probably one of a kind, it doesn't deliver the same visceral reaction that it once did.

Jack Nicholoson is considered one of the greatest actors ever, but it's always a case of Jack doing "Jack"......I think this is the case with Alex.

Then again, there's nothing wrong with excellence that is routine !

AvengersRoss.jpg

I love Alex Ross' artistic style but I believe that once you own a piece of Alex Ross art than there really is no need to seek out more examples of his style. There really has been no evolution to his presentation...as beautiful as it is.

Get one piece and you have a prime example of his work. He is talented but I don't know if he is creative...if that makes sense.