• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof! (Image Comics)... Best new ongoing in ages!

59 posts in this topic

He also shows up in the Monsters Unleashed or Monster Soup or Monsters, Monsters Everywhere... special... something with the word "Monster" in it from Image... $1.99... Proof, Wolfman... couple of other... I'm blanking... grrr...

Monsters Pile-Up .. but I believe this appearance was after Proof started

Done!

And already wrote my ample comments on the CBR boards.

Whatever it was that I just did should be considered a super-power. And, if I do that exact thing again, I should probably be canonized.

Yes, but anyway. My hitlist on this issue...

loved the Dover Demon.

Ginger's reaction to the situation with Marc was priceless. And the little jealous sibling-like rivalry was funny too.

Ripping the crocodile's face off was brutal.

The freakin' ink monkey[/i] was brilliant. Can't wait to see where that goes. :)

I liked how Alex was able to work in those crazy Harpies for Riley to draw. I had to stop for a minute figure out what was happening during those pages, but then I realized that I was supposed to be confused.

And I really like where Proof found himself once he woke up. I'm more interested in how he doesn't get outed to the world than how he doesn't get shot.

The issue felt pretty fast due to all the half-page panels and no text for the first bit... It worked for setting the pace at the beginning and then slowing you down once the "story" set in. It was cool. Plus at least there were two stories per page.

yes, yes... Still good stuff.

2 more months until Savage Dragon. :)

On recommendation from this thread, I went to one of the bigger stores in the area. They had issues 2-11 in fairly good supply at the counter. I piled up a run and took them to the till. I asked the clerk if it was a good read - he was somewhat non-commital. Give it a try, he suggested.

After ringing up the books, he asked if I wanted the books signed.

Seeing I was a bit slow on the uptake, he identified himself as Riley Rossmo, and signed my run. (thumbs u

Thats pretty awesome!! Now only if you had a witness there lol

hilarious.

And that's a great story about meeting Riley too!

I mailed him my #'s 1 and 11 for sigs (and no witnesses!), but that's sure as hell a sly shot less cool than having him randomly be the guy who sells you your stuff. :)

oh yeah!

I liked 12, but it didn't have that total POP! that some of the earlier issues had. It is back 100 fold here. Definitely my favorite issue thus far. I loved how the preacher turned out to not be the stereotype at all, the silent-ish ink monkey fight scene was brilliant! And the huge 2-page spread of the "mother..." I was NOT expecting that. Amazing. And the way Savage Dragon got worked into the story did not feel cobbled together or half-assed at all.

I thought this was part 3 of 3 for some reason... I'm actually glad I was wrong, and I'm not usually a fan of the 6-parter thing. Alex and Riley work together incredibly well as storytellers... every character and every place are important. I definitely wasn't ready to stop reading about this weird town taking care of its angels, and I hope to see the preacher as a semi-recurring character.

I was also glad that so much of the book was devoted to Proof and that Ginger & Co. took a back-seat to the other story.

I can't wait for Dragon to show up next issue!

Hey guys... got a bunch of cool stuff from Alex and Riley recently... I got a commission from Riley and bought the pinup art from #11... he sent me that and that other crazy drawing too. :) Got him to sign #'s 1 & 11 for me too... then I bought the sketchbook from Alex and got him to sign 1 & 11 as well. He did that cool sketch of the Dover Demon in the front, and I also got a set of his 3 mini-comics. I'm planning to frame the art pieces just as soon as I've got the cash. (at least the pinup and the commission... I might color the other one :)) Hope you enjoy!

(#13 guest-starring Savage Dragon in just 2 weeks!)

Proof 11...
AlexGrecianAndRileyRossmoProof11CoverThumb.jpg RileyRossmoProof11PinupThumb.jpg AlexGrecianAndRileyRossmoProof11PinupThumb.jpg
Alex Grecian mini-comics...
1-NMThumb.jpg 1-NMThumb.jpg 1-NM-Thumb.jpg
Proof Sketchbook...
1-NMThumb.jpg AlexGrecianDoverDemonThumb.jpg 1Back-NMThumb.jpg
And finally... Riley's artwork!
RileyRossmoWhackThumb.jpg RileyRossmoProofTheBandThumb.jpg