• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities - Baltimore Comic-Con - September 27-28, 2008

65 posts in this topic

Does Jim Lee do sketches at cons?
:signfunny:

Impossible to get Jim Lee to do a sketch.

Actually Danny, it's not impossible. He does do sketches for people from time to time --- usually it's a quickie in the front of a Batman: Hush hardcover, but there are people I know who have Jim Lee sketches in their collections.

Such as

Tim Lo:

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=195915&GSub=24830

Jason Truong:

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=194917&GSub=36739&GCat=0&UCat=0

Danny Truong:

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=196119&GSub=29841&GCat=0&UCat=0

I would just say it's unlikely for Jim to sketch at a major convention because of time constrictions.

According to the Baltimore con's MySpace page: the following guests have cancelled their appearances at the con next weekend:

- Gene Colan

- Mike Grell

- John Romita Sr.

- David Finch

According to Guy Davis, BPRD writer John Arcudi and editor Scott Allie are attending the convention. http://www.guydavisartworks.com/mainFrameset2.htm

The MySpace page also says that Jamal Igle, Sean Chen and Bernard Chang are going to be at the show.

The MySpace page does conflict with the main site, which still lists Gene Colan and David Finch as attending.

Not true. Jim has done 4 sketches for me. 2 sketch cards, one fallen son, and a backer boards.

The Fallen son and the Backer Board were not personalized to me. but the sketch cards were.

The backer board and one of the sketch cards were for friends. But the fallen son and the other sketch card are mine.

Not true. Jim has done 4 sketches for me. 2 sketch cards, one fallen son, and a backer boards.

The Fallen son and the Backer Board were not personalized to me. but the sketch cards were.

The backer board and one of the sketch cards were for friends. But the fallen son and the other sketch card are mine.

was this at a con?

was this at a con?

If I remember correctly, the Fallen Son was done at the FCBD signing in Phoenix, this past May (and Todd McFarlane sketched on the back!).

Jim has done sketches for me too: a backing board sketch, at least 2 blank Gen 13 #1 covers, and a nice one inside a Jim Lee Wizard Millenium Edition hardcover book. Most of these were for customers, I wonder if I have those Gen 13 #1 sketches. (Most of these involved a donation to CBLDF, one of his favorite charities) It really depends on his mood, when during the convention you see him/ask for it, how you ask for it, etc.

Personally, I think he would do more sketches, but he is tired of doing free sketches and seeing them on eBay for big bucks. That's why money/donations helps "free up" his drawing arm. :) The key is to be nice, ask for personalization so he knows you will keep it and not resell it, and if possible, bring a sketchbook so he knows you won't rip it out and try to resell it.

I am very bummed about Gene Colan and already knew about Romita Sr. Dave Finch is a surprise, but come to think of it, he is probably busy with his wife about to pop out a baby Finch. :)

It still sounds like a great show. Have fun to everyone who is going!

Joel

:news:

Just a note to everyone. we have e-mails and phone calls out to:

Joe Simon

John Romita Sr.

Gene Colon

Ayers

Joe Sinnott

If you are interested in any of these gentlemen, e-mail us at desertwindcomics@ hotmail.com to let us know. Let us know for who and how many books. For those of you that have already sent us your books, we will be taking them with us in the event we get responses from any of the above creators. We plan on going to New York (where all of these guys live) right after the Baltimore con is over with and plan to spend a few days there. So hopefully something will pan out. IF we do get a response from any of them, we will let everyone know and try to set up some kind of arrangements to receive books for signings. We will keep everyone posted on the boards. Keep your fingers crossed. :wishluck:

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics