• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GCD Whitespaces

75 posts in this topic

Quote:
Have you ever seen a real copy of 173?

As of this morning no, but someone just e-mailed this pic to me!

1953.109_173_v29n5.jpg

Much better with a price and date! Cropped and uploaded.Thinking about it later, I realized that the old one was assembled from a logo-stripped return copy and the edited top of #176.Thanks,Jack

Found a scan of Dexter #2 that I made when it first arrived. If you need a better scan I'll keep dig'n around for the book this weekend.

dexter_002.jpg

I uploaded it and marked for replacement. The grid pattern is pretty bad. If you find better, let's replace it.Thanks,Jack

Jack,

Does GCD care about things like first printings vs. second printings? The EC comic Impact #1 had two printings. A first print can be indentified with a white title logo and the second printing with a yellow title logo .

Also, I noticed nearly all of the EC promotional comics are missing from the GCD database (looks like you guys only have Desert Dawn and some of the Reddy Kilowatt issues).

Here are some large scans of:

Out of the Past a Clue to the Future

The Wonders of Wire Rope

The Church That Was Built With Bread

Across the Seas in a War Torn World

Lucky Fights It Through

Thanks for all the new info.

I can't keep up this week with end-of-summer, pre-semester work kicking in. I should be able to post the books you just provided this weekend. Do they all need skeletons or are some just cover uploads? If skeletons, I may need to beg some more info.

Is that your Lucky Fights It Through? Very nice. That's the VD book, right? Tough one!

Re alternate covers and prints, current system is to stack them on top of one another. The 30/35¢ FF that's been on the GCD front page for too long is an example. I can stack the Impact covers that you provided. The new version database will have separate entries in the same issue for any number of alternate covers (maybe in our lifetimes).

I've got some Reddy Kilowatt books -- good stuff. I might have even uploaded cover or indexed one or two. I know that not all Reddy Kilowatts are in the database yet. A long-term goal is to get all of the GE Adventure Series/Adventures in Science posted. There are dozens of them, since many were updated with new art more than once. I might have a full set, but how would I know if I was missing any?

Jack

Jack,

Does GCD care about things like first printings vs. second printings? The EC comic Impact #1 had two printings. A first print can be indentified with a white title logo and the second printing with a yellow title logo .

Also, I noticed nearly all of the EC promotional comics are missing from the GCD database (looks like you guys only have Desert Dawn and some of the Reddy Kilowatt issues).

The Wonders of Wire Rope

Lucky Fights It Through

The Wonders of Wire Rope

Lucky Fights It Through

I added all of those issues with minimal information and uploaded the cover scans. A few had publication dates on the cover scan or in Overstreet, but others I had to dummy in as 9999. (The skeleton is rejected with no date.) If you can provide more information, e.g. page length, dates, etc., that would be great. I can move them to your indexing queue if you have one. If you don't have one and don't want one, I can transcribe any data that you post here or PM to me.

Thanks,

Jack

Thanks -- cropped and uploaded.

I was out of town a few days. If you notice anything I left dangling from a week ago, let me know and I'll get back to it (eventually). It's going to be a busy week coming up.

Jack

Here are four Ajax/Farrell covers that are on the MIA list:

Bride's Secrets #8

Bride's Secrets #15

Today's Brides #2

Lonely Heart #10

(I'm just now getting around to scanning/listing my Ajax books for BIP)