• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is getting in the way of your comic collection enjoyment?

87 posts in this topic

i mainly buy inexpensive stuff and i still get a kick out of hunting through the bins and long boxes at shows and shops. haven't bought on ebay in a while. been a while since i bought here, but mainly because i come too late to the party on most of the sweet selling threads (plus being broke).

i'm TRYING to be a bit more selective...but today i still wound up buying a big stack of X-men comics from the last year or two that I had passed on off the rack, but heck, at a buck a pop I felt obligated. i passed on a bunch of Ultimate Spideys and X-Men from the last xouple of years though. I decided I'm just not interested in ever catching up with the Ultimate Universe, whereas one day I wouldn't mind catching up on my X-men since I stopped reading them in the late 90s. Problem is there are so many frigging ancillary titles, I just want to stick to the core two titles, Wolverine and maybe something like Astonishing.

Of course, the only time I'll ever get a chance to read them is if I take a month off between jobs or something along those lines!

Most of the threads I start are usually "hit or miss", but oh well, here goes another.

The question is "What do you do now, that has replaced the time you spent enjoying your comic collection?"

I used to spend a lot more time re-reading old issues, organizing, re-organizing, and in general just looking at all the covers. I loved spreading out my ASM run and looking at all those great Romita covers.

But I find myself not doing that much anymore. About 4 years ago, I got serious about my health and now workout 2.5 hours every other night, give or take.

For those that have cut back, what do you do now?

I've cut back a ton on comic spending. I haven't spent much in the past few months. Money has a lot to do with it and also selectiveness. But mainly I have been investing more in mutual funds, spending more time in the gym, and spending time and money going out with someone I met about a month ago. That's much more exciting and interesting than spending money on comics or reading them. :)

Plus all the long boxes of moderns wouldn't be worth the time and effort it would take to unload them.

Man, am I happy I never got involved in that stuff, and other than some ASM and UXM, I've never got any used either. :acclaim:

Plus all the long boxes of moderns wouldn't be worth the time and effort it would take to unload them.

Man, am I happy I never got involved in that stuff, and other than some ASM and UXM, I've never got any used either. :acclaim:

It wasn't all bad for me. I enjoyed giving mine away.

Well, some of it was quite good and I enjoyed reading them. Long runs of Batman, Superman, etc from the early 90s - to current.

I've already given away the trash stuff from the 90s... but I can't do the same with the Bats and Supermans. I like them too much to give them away or sell them for nothing, but the room full of longboxes is starting to weigh on me. I need help... :insane:

Playing keyboard in my band.

Laziness

Are you forming a new version of Hanson? Aren't you at that age?

Actually that was me. I'm already on my 3rd reincarnation.

:hi: