• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink Focused Auction August 2008

65 posts in this topic

Ok, they've both had movies, and one of them was decidedly better than the other one as far as fan, and general public appreciation.

So why is a VF+ Hulk #1 currently sitting on $45k, and the VFNM TOS #39 at just under $20K.

Comics and movies...the link to the high end buyer is obviously a bit more tenuous that I first thought.

2c

I think people are finally learning not to tip their hand so early.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm going to assume to scare people off, and not give it a second glance when the auction is nearing its end. Not a tactic I use but it makes a little bit of sense.

Jim

I actually bid like this once on an Ebay auction. VERY strong initial bid on the 1st day. The price never moved after that and I won.

:applause:

I put all of my bids in on day one. Put in my max bid on about 45 books. Realistically, I know I only have a shot at 25% of any of those. However, I have been completely shelled and shutout before. But that's usually how I do it. Bid once, fuggetaboutit and keep my fingers crossed that at least a couple hold up.

So why is a VF+ Hulk #1 currently sitting on $45k, and the VFNM TOS #39 at just under $20K.

Comics and movies...the link to the high end buyer is obviously a bit more tenuous that I first thought.

2c

Well you see, Stacey, there's these things called demand and supply curves, and you have to factor both in when determining price. While the demand for Hulk #1 may be a bit less than TOS 39 (due to the success of the Iron Man movie), the supply of Hulk #1 in the same grade is exponentially smaller than TOS 39. Ergo, the supply and demand curves intersect at significantly different price points.

Ok, they've both had movies, and one of them was decidedly better than the other one as far as fan, and general public appreciation.

2c

I think people are finally learning not to tip their hand so early.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ya a lot of big books are hovering around the 2-3k mark, so there's a lot more action to be seen. So it's all likely to come down to the last few hours for the majority of books there.

Again, a lot of HG BA books are looking very solid with strong bid-price so far, it'll be interesting to see how the hammer falls on them for the final bids. And the various books measured up. There's definitly some strong buying 'theme's' at the moment within the auction.

2c

Well you see, Stacey, there's these things called demand and supply curves, and you have to factor both in when determining price. While the demand for Hulk #1 may be a bit less than TOS 39 (due to the success of the Iron Man movie), the supply of Hulk #1 in the same grade is exponentially smaller than TOS 39. Ergo, the supply and demand curves intersect at significantly different price points.

Mid, and low grade Hulks have been coming out of the woodwork for quite some time now, and are regularly being snapped up.

And perceivably an 8.5 on a Hulk#1 does constitute HG.

But twice the price of a higher graded IM first apperance shows a clear message.

But then it'll be interesting to see if this price ratio between the two books holds all the way to the close of the auction hm