• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink Focused Auction August 2008

65 posts in this topic

I can't believe how many Flash runs have come on the market ever since I sold off my collection because no ultra-HG early SA Flashes were coming on the market. :tonofbricks:

Got to agree, you did staggeringly well out of that sale, and now they're coming out out of the wood work, in a semi regular fashion.

I guess a lot of people were holding onto them, valuing their intrinsict value over what they thought the market would financially value them at (shrug)

I think the state of the economy may be shaking out some of these collections. It's certainly been interesting seeing what SA/BA DCs have been popping up lately!

I can't believe how many Flash runs have come on the market ever since I sold off my collection because no ultra-HG early SA Flashes were coming on the market. :tonofbricks:

Got to agree, you did staggeringly well out of that sale, and now they're coming out out of the wood work, in a semi regular fashion.

I guess a lot of people were holding onto them, valuing their intrinsict value over what they thought the market would financially value them at (shrug)

I think the state of the economy may be shaking out some of these collections. It's certainly been interesting seeing what SA/BA DCs have been popping up lately!

A bad economy should be affecting what buyers are willing too. I think the prices have just gotten high enough that they're now worth the effort to slab and sell the books.

Just noticed an error in the listing description for the 9.4 Aquaman #1. It is NOT 1 of 1 in 9.4, there are 2 9.4 copies including this one. The other 9.4 copy is the PC copy. The listing is correct, though, that the 9.4 copy ranks below a single 9.6 copy.

It's a little too amazing.

Indeed. Hate these "private" auctions that hide the identities of the bidders for this very reason. hm

I'm not trying to point the finger at anyone...but common sense got thrown out with the baby and the water.

That's an extremely high price for that book...although there are only 3 9.4's and 1 9.6 that top it on the census.It does seem to be less common in high grade...but there are only 150 or so on the census, indicating that more high grade copies are likely.Now that prices are rising, Avengers 3 is beginning to be represented by more high grade copies on the census, and the 9 is certainly not more scarce in grade than the 3 is.I could be wrong but I'd say along with the first issue, the # 5 is probably the only other issue in the first 10 that is truly tough in grade.The 3 would probably be next on the list.One thing about Avengers...the current series has been a top seller for Marvel for over a decade and is due for a price correction.It's current popularity in the modern market coupled with it's upcoming movie hype are a perfect recipe for that. The 8.0 Avengers 4 @ a grand or less is definitely a thing of the past.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

A bad economy should be affecting what buyers are willing too. I think the prices have just gotten high enough that they're now worth the effort to slab and sell the books.

Yes, common sense would dictate that you should not be bidding based upon the current census population numbers. Agressive prices for these more common non-key issues that were not as "slab quality" are bound to bring out more uber HG copies of these books.

If you are planning to hold onto these types of hot books for a period of time, the potential value of your collection might be dropping quite significantly if you are paying these kind of nosebleed prices. :screwy:

Yes, common sense would dictate that you should not be bidding based upon the current census population numbers. Agressive prices for these more common non-key issues that were not as "slab quality" are bound to bring out more uber HG copies of these books.

If you are planning to hold onto these types of hot books for a period of time, the potential value of your collection might be dropping quite significantly if you are paying these kind of nosebleed prices. :screwy:

Maybe the people bidding just want the book really badly....... (shrug)

wow....AVENGERS 9....CGC 9.2 @ $ 5600 already. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I am amazed! We are talking about a 9.2 with the 1st appearance of a 3rd rate hero.

Wow! I got my 9.4 for just a little more than half that earlier this year.

I remember picking up an Av #4 8.5 for a grand...you couldn't move that book under guide to save your life!

lol

I remember picking up a white paged, solid NM- copy of Avengers 9 in NYC in 1996 from an established dealer, thinking after the transaction that I'd overpaid.

I paid $130 for the book. How times change, sometimes beyond reason.

I remember picking up an Av #4 8.5 for a grand...you couldn't move that book under guide to save your life!

lol

I remember picking up a white paged, solid NM- copy of Avengers 9 in NYC in 1996 from an established dealer, thinking after the transaction that I'd overpaid.

I paid $130 for the book. How times change, sometimes beyond reason.

Dam. For that money I'd read it outside while eating a hot dog and then roll it up and put it in the back of my pocket for the rest of the con!

lol