• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do folks get their supplies these days?

43 posts in this topic

Originally Posted By: WiseGuyX
Why not order from Gerber direct?

Ordering stuff over the phone is so 1998'ish \:\)

You can always fax your order in, if you're scared of actually making verbal contact with another human being..., :baiting:

You can always fax your order in, if you're scared of actually making verbal contact with another human being..., poke2.gif

You'd still have to call them up to figure out the shipping cost :baiting:

Not to mention that in this day & age, who actually owns a fax machine?

From what I've heard Gerber has no interest whatsoever in selling direct to the customer - they will do it, yeah, but what they want is to sell to Diamond, ComicSupply, Hotflips, etc who then sells it to you & me. Would explain why their website is perpetually stuck in the 90s, and doesn't feature any sort of online shopping cart system.

I have bought the microchamber paper from

Conservation Resources

The link has pricing for 250 sheets in various sizes - prices become cheaper based on volume.

The sheets are a tiny bit big, but I cut them down to size and make use of the scraps in other creative ways. :insane:

I also think somewhere on the site, they mention they will custom cut for a fee.

I am sure this link has shown up here before, but has some good info on it as well.

If you ever call to place an order, it sounds to me like there is just some guy sitting in his room and at first, I was a bit put off - with that said, my experience ordering from them was excellent.