• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do folks get their supplies these days?

43 posts in this topic

I used to be a pretty regular shopper with ComicSupply, but I haven't seen a sale on that site in ages and the prices are all way high.

I'm looking primarily for the typical old book stuff, mylite2s, fullbacks, microchamber paper, etc.

I order direct from Gerber. ComicSupply has the microchamber paper - I'm unaware as to whether anyone else has it.

The good thing about Gerber is that they have a flat rate shipping system, so we westcoasters can get a decent shipping deal. It seems like ordering from other sites will get you the old shipping-shaft. I've had shipping quotes from others that are 3-4 times what Gerber charges.

I order direct from Gerber. ComicSupply has the microchamber paper - I'm unaware as to whether anyone else has it.

The good thing about Gerber is that they have a flat rate shipping system, so we westcoasters can get a decent shipping deal. It seems like ordering from other sites will get you the old shipping-shaft. I've had shipping quotes from others that are 3-4 times what Gerber charges.

Ditto,

I love Gerber :cloud9:

I've been ordering from Gerber for years and never had one problem and it's delivered in a timely fashion.

Try HotFlips. Surprised he hasn't responded yet. Must be busy. Give him a PM.

He's not here 24/7? Dang, I'll never order from him again!

Seriously, I got my Gerber stuff from them in Detroit (met them for the first time) and sat with them in Chicago (boy those Joisey accents are great). The are classy and prompt.

(thumbs u

I'm a creature of convenience (ie lazy). I happened to come across them at a con so it saved me shipping, time and effort.

Not sure what the diff is. Either way would probably work.

(thumbs u

For regular comic bags, boards and boxes, I'm back to the LCS for the first time in over a decade. Insane shipping rates has actually made it much cheaper than the mail order option.

When it comes time to order some Mylite2s, fullbacks and microchamber, I'm not sure what I'll do. As much as I like to be loyal to ComicSupply, the prices have really shot up. Microchamber paper is almost double what it was a year ago.

I'd recommend getting to know the owner at your LCS (hopefully there's one that's close). They can get a pretty good discount at eGerber through Diamond, and the shipping should be less since it's only coming from the regional warehouse. Or, if you're buying a ton of supplies, you can contact eGerber directly for a wholesale order.

I used to be a pretty regular shopper with ComicSupply, but I haven't seen a sale on that site in ages and the prices are all way high.

I'm looking primarily for the typical old book stuff, mylite2s, fullbacks, microchamber paper, etc.

We got them here.... http://www.hotflips.com/index.php?cPath=5_83

Hey guys. I really do appreciate all the kind words. Thanks for the support!!

Jeff

Seriously, I got my Gerber stuff from them in Detroit (met them for the first time) and sat with them in Chicago (boy those Joisey accents are great). The are classy and prompt.

(thumbs u

Thanks Roy. Actually just got home a little while ago as i was out last night. We got Brooklyn accents!! I commute to Joisey everyday to the warehouse.

(thumbs u

Thanks Roy. Actually just got home a little while ago as i was out last night. We got Brooklyn accents!! I commute to Joisey everyday to the warehouse.

Ahh, you guys all sound the same. Just like us and British people, eh?

:baiting: