• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody know this guy?

14 posts in this topic

Ebay ID "comicsparadise". Sounds vaguely familiar to me, like a dealer or something. Anyway, he's new to Ebay, sells horribly overgraded material, and evidently likes stamps.

Check it out.

Oh, and used "Ask a Seller a Question" to harass me about a listing. Claimed that my sales pitch "I doubt you'll find a better deal than 1/3 off guide!" amounted to some kind of fraud conspiracy and accused me of being a lying huckster deliberately misrepresenting Ebay in order to dupe hapless collectors.

And yes, he did actually use the word "huckster".

Just wanted to know if this guy is a known quantity, a nut, or a previously NARUd Ebay user.

Ebay ID "comicsparadise". Sounds vaguely familiar to me, like a dealer or something. Anyway, he's new to Ebay, sells horribly overgraded material, and evidently likes stamps.

Check it out.

Oh, and used "Ask a Seller a Question" to harass me about a listing. Claimed that my sales pitch "I doubt you'll find a better deal than 1/3 off guide!" amounted to some kind of fraud conspiracy and accused me of being a lying huckster deliberately misrepresenting Ebay in order to dupe hapless collectors.

And yes, he did actually use the word "huckster".

Just wanted to know if this guy is a known quantity, a nut, or a previously NARUd Ebay user.

How would that be fraud conspiracy?

I really don't know. Apparently, he's of the mind that since deals better than 1/3 off guide are commonplace in general on Ebay, my expressed doubt that anyone would find a better deal on my book in particular constituted a lie, a cheat, a scam, etc.

By the way, this was the book:

batman97.jpg

Lousy scan. Solid Fine, cream to off-white pages. Maybe I should slab it?

Oh my - I just noticed that my Captain America icon isn't showing up. I need to send more money to my website host, I suppose. Currently I've been using Homestead - does anyone have other suggestions? They raised their rates to what seems to be too high a level. Help from other forum members re: web hosting for reasonable rates? Thanks, JW Paradox (comicparadox@aol.com)

Oh my - I just noticed that my Captain America icon isn't showing up. I need to send more money to my website host, I suppose. Currently I've been using Homestead - does anyone have other suggestions? They raised their rates to what seems to be too high a level. Help from other forum members re: web hosting for reasonable rates? Thanks, JW Paradox (comicparadox@aol.com)
That has to do with the recent forum upgrade. If you load the icon again with the link, it should show up! thumbsup2.gif

With what link? You don't need a host site for avatars, just browse to it on your PC and send it.
I understand that you don't need a link but some members like Darth uses a link from their website. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

With what link? You don't need a host site for avatars, just browse to it on your PC and send it.
I understand that you don't need a link but some members like Darth uses a link from their website. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why would someone want to host their own image when CGC will do it for you? confused-smiley-013.gif

Why would someone want to host their own image when CGC will do it for you? confused-smiley-013.gif

Dunno...you have to consult Mr. Diesel to get that answer! confused.gif

The image that you can upload has kb limitations (20?) so I host it from my site at normal size...once it is on here and modified/cropped, I can link to it with it's new CGC site address if I so choose, thus having them host it for me...but sometimes it's too much trouble so I host from my site anyway...nothing going on there anyway..plenty of space for con pics, books I own, family pics... 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif