• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the deal with Comic Link and their CGC listings?

27 posts in this topic

In the past two weeks, the link to Comic Link's newest CGC listings have gotten screwy. It's really jarring when you get excited reading the title of a book you've waited months to show up and you realize in major disappointment that you're staring at a PGX book instead. In the description blurb beneath, it still claims that book has been graded by CGC. There are at least 5 examples in the first few pages that I saw.

What gives? (shrug)

There are no excuses for the blurb to state the wrong company. Much of the problem lies with ComicLink. When you go to list a book, the only options that pop up are CGC 10.0; CGC 9.9; CGC 9.8 etc. So when the seller puts in 7.0, the CGC part comes with it.

If a seller puts up a PGX book, they certainly should clarify in the blurb even thought the photo should also make it clear.

Unfortunately, to date, the Clink listing system does not allow a seller to differentiate between a CGC and (CGG/PGA/PGX/3PG) slab in its listings.

With all Clink has going for it these days, I think it would be a good move for the "New Auction Powerhouse" to invest a little in upgrading the listing system to have a "pull down" option for grading company "IF" they're going to continue to allow them on the site. Not everyone does.

Most of us seasoned CGC collectors know the difference immediately... but there is a chance some newbie slab collectors could miss the fact that they are not CGC books (since the CGC label has changed a few times) until they arrive and they look closer.

My CLink feature wish list: :wishluck:

#1: Automatic "Sale Pending" when you hit the BIN so there is "no mystery" or "stress" waiting (up to a day or so sometimes) to determine if you won.

#2: Sort "only" New Listings by Grade in the general listings section with maybe a 1, 2, 3 day and week option. That would save me about 12 days a year lol

#3: "Watch Option" in General Listings and Focussed Auctions

#4: Ability to make a "Time Limited" offer that does not stay on the item after it expires... forcing the seller to consider the offer more seriously perhaps.

#5: Slab Company Pull Down

#6 clean up sold or not available books. If they want to leave the sold books as evidence of past sales, have them moved to a separate file. The Pendings are ridiculous with how long they will leave them. (Speaking of which, time for me to go purchase the same copy of Military #5 for the 17th time without a single comment from them as to why it never shows up, even after phone calls.)

All problems I have had have been small and I have been overall happy with my transactions, but fix the small problems and this could indeed have the feel of the powerhouse they seem to be becoming.

#6 clean up sold or not available books. If they want to leave the sold books as evidence of past sales, have them moved to a separate file. The Pendings are ridiculous with how long they will leave them.

Yes. Clean up the sold books CL.

Why not ask someone that can actually give you an answer, like oh, I don't know, Comic Link?!

Or maybe you're not really looking for an answer......

Logic. :cloud9:Are New Mexicans that smart?

#6 clean up sold or not available books. If they want to leave the sold books as evidence of past sales, have them moved to a separate file. The Pendings are ridiculous with how long they will leave them. (Speaking of which, time for me to go purchase the same copy of Military #5 for the 17th time without a single comment from them as to why it never shows up, even after phone calls.)

All problems I have had have been small and I have been overall happy with my transactions, but fix the small problems and this could indeed have the feel of the powerhouse they seem to be becoming.

and/or report the sales to GPA :wishluck: c'mon Josh :baiting:

Originally Posted By: OldGuy
Why not ask someone that can actually give you an answer, like oh, I don't know, Comic Link?!

Logic.

cloud9.gif

Are New Mexicans that smart?

No, just me. :grin:

Bruce, #1 "Getting a quick response" is always going to be difficult unless the book is already at comiclink. Josh has no control (as someone already indicated) over when a seller ships the book to comiclink. I agree with the wishes though.

Dan

I understand and still would prefer an immediate "sale pending" (Like PedigreeComics) with the knowledge that some deals may have problems. Pending does not mean guarantee... just a good faith effort will be made by CL to make sure the deal is consummated.Better that than the current SOP... IMHO

Many of the PGX/CGG books are listed without any designation to a grading company. When I search "CGC Newly Listed" I don't see anything but.

As for what they NEED to change (in order of importance) :

1. Reporting to GPA

2. Excluding Sales Pending before a full year has passed (you know what I mean)

3. Having a watch list for auctions (I know...bid on what you want to watch)

And what the heel is that 9.0 ASM #14 WP gonna cost me?

Originally Posted By: r1970d
 Originally Posted By: OldGuy

Logic.

cloud9.gif

Are New Mexicans that smart?

No, just me. grin.gif

hm(shrug)

Actually, I did. I wouldn't have created this thread calling out this problem in public had it been resolved. I got an email from somebody a little ways down the ladder. Josh passed it off to this guy and it suddenly became my job to point out all the PGX books for removal as per their request. One book was removed and further emails were ignored.I figured maybe if other people had a problem with it, they'd feel more compelled to change this new trend.