• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the deal with Comic Link and their CGC listings?

27 posts in this topic

It's an inexperienced seller or someone trying to skirt the rules hoping that Josh and crew are slow to catch it. CL will change the listing to a raw book when they catch it but they don't seem too vigilant lately.

It's an inexperienced seller or someone trying to skirt the rules hoping that Josh and crew are slow to catch it. CL will change the listing to a raw book when they catch it but they don't seem too vigilant lately.

Hey whomerjay,

I'm addressing you as it seems you know more than us about CL policy.

I'm glad to hear that Clink really doesn't allow PGX books just has difficulty policing them. :applause:

I don't think giving PGX any market validation is good for the hobby all things considered.

I don't see PGX listings "that often" on Clink but recently there have been more than usual. There is another $100 PGX book sale pending and I noticed these two as well with serious enough bids.

I'll email Tomis and let him know

63987.jpg.efb0d853c1bd00529d1d544a5b429a2d.jpg

Seems like Tomis has been quick to respond, as all my recent non-Cgc slabs have in capital letters, "PGX graded" in the text description even though I already described them as such. When one uploads comics onto cLink, the site seems to push you into the slabbed Cgc section. Don't really see a drop down box for raw comics. :blahblah:

I never listed a raw book on CL... so I can't help you there.

There's an Adventure 256 8.0 that was just listed in the certified section (Still CGC 8.0) that says PGX Graded in the description like you mentioned. I emailed them a heads up in case they intend to remove the "certified CGC designation" and change it to a "raw".

Reiterating that the book is PGX graded should help eliminate some confusion for sure (until CL can update the drop down to include PGX) and at that point I suppose it will not show up in the certified listings if that's the policy.

Originally Posted By: OldGuy
Why not ask someone that can actually give you an answer, like oh, I don't know, <b>Comic Link</b>?! <br /><br />Or maybe you're not really looking for an answer......

Actually, I did. I wouldn't have created this thread calling out this problem in public had it been resolved. I got an email from somebody a little ways down the ladder. Josh passed it off to this guy and it suddenly became my job to point out all the PGX books for removal as per their request. One book was removed and further emails were ignored.

I figured maybe if other people had a problem with it, they'd feel more compelled to change this new trend.

Ah, it's the "ex-wife syndrome", i.e. expectant mind reading.Why not just say that in your initial post?