• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm back...

39 posts in this topic

I wish I had a long and funny story to tell here about my misadventures over the last three weeks. Maybe a story with random pop culture references that send Khaos running to google. Or a story that features diatribes about the idiocy of the common man. Or perhaps a story full of intrigue and deception, with drunken rednecks at every turn and a peyote-munching villain as the mastermind. Maybe even a story about a tour of thirteen states worth of strip clubs, complete with visual aids...

But I don't.

I was gone for most of three weeks, helping a lifelong friend deal with something that no one should ever have to deal with. And now I am back. I want to thank those of you that I have been in contact with during the last three weeks. Even though you really didn't know what was going on, I appreciated your support. I'm not here looking for sympathy now. I went through this situation because it was what I needed to do to continue to be who I am. And as nice as it might be to have a couple dozen of my friends here tell me I'm a nice guy, I would rather that you sent that positive energy to the people in your own lives who need it most. If there is anything this last few weeks has reminded me, it's the value of friendship.

The trip took a toll on me, both emotionally and financially, and I will be selling some items this week from my personal collection. My business partners offered me the use of some of the store's capital to help me deal with the trip, but that wasn't my money, so I will be selling some of my stuff to put it back. I sold a bunch of my books while I was on the trip, but I will be running a few eBay auctions as well. Included will be a dozen or two 35c variants, including the Kid Colt, all with no reserve. I still intend to put together a set of them, but my goal was never to be the first to do so, just to complete the set by 2006. I don't feel bad about selling them. I have said here many times that a store owner always has to put the store ahead of their own collection, and in this case I was willing to put my friendship ahead of my collection as well. I hope to have the auctions online later today.

What's funny is that I came back from this trip in better spirits than I was a month ago. I had gotten into a bit of a rut in the shop, and had been paying a little too much attention to piddly little problems. But I am a lot calmer now...

To those of you who are waiting to hear back from me on PM's, bear with me a little bit. I have a ton of them to answer, and I am still trying to prepare for the Seattle show this Sunday, so I don't know if I will get to all of them before I leave Saturday afternoon. I had the wife send out packages to a few of you while I was gone (glad to hear she filled out your customs form correctly Chromium). There are a couple more here that I will be sending out today. I had Diamond hold my shipments for a couple weeks while I was gone, I should be getting those boxes next week. If you've paid me for something that should have come out by now, please send me a new PM and I will try to clear up any problems. I had the Girl Scout read some of the PM's that came in and I don't think she deleted anything, but I don't know for certain.

Rest assured, you will get a full-blown show report from Seattle, complete with all the insanity I can muster. insane.gifsmile.gifinsane.gif

So... what did I miss while I was gone? Any threads I should go check out? smile.gif

Translation = Just posted bail! 893frustrated.gif

Prove It!!! mad.gifmad.gif

So what are you gonna give me for that sweet DC I was kind enough to find for you, pay for, and ship out, all without ever asking you for money??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey 'House, I'm just glad the rumors of you going into Betty Ford after your Ducks crashed and burned turned out to not be true. Jeez - beat Michigan, and they think they should be handed the National Championship makepoint.gifflowerred.gif

Glad your back, and don't bother returning PMs to JonnyDouble gossip.gif

- Dave

Chrome - bring back the Doom avatar!

The ...naked... guy... is... freakin' me... out man....

Naked people have rights too....damnit sign-rantpost.gif

You are the 4th person today to call me out on it.....I know why you people are messing with me....can't keep your eyes of it can you now... Hypnotising isn't it....

PERVERTS

Its not that were pervs, Chrom. It just hits too close to home. Its why I dont have mirrors in my computer room...

Mirrors ? Alone in the computer room ?? Come on...we've all been there.... thumbsup2.gif

That gif had to have been made by a man. Women don't like it when you move that fast. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif They're about to burst.