• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johns' Avengers

4 posts in this topic

I'm enjoying his work on JSA, and his work on the Teen Titans. I've enjoyed his past work. The latest issue of Avengers however left me wondering where the rest of the story was. confused.gif There's a glimpse into Ant Man's life, a little interplay between him and the Jack of Hearts, and then the continuing attempt to help the She-Hulk. I just found it lacking a little. frown.gif It seems like the team is lacking a few players.

I wonder if Johns has a little too much on his plate and it rushing his Avengers work. Is he doing the dreaded padding? 893naughty-thumb.gif

While I'm in whine-mode, crazy.gif let me say that I wasn't ga ga over Kolins' She-Hulk either.

Chuck Austen is taking over after Johns.

There has been quite a few discussions on the Avengers Message Board (http://www.comicboards.com/avengers/) concerning Johns. Most agree - his Avengers writing seems a half-hearted effort at best. I thought this last issue was one of his better ones, with more action and better characterizations.

- D.