• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

They have gone to far.....

64 posts in this topic

I would normally enjoy the fact that there are variant covers for a series that I love collecting. My only gripe is that I wanted to completely avoid the whole Ape thing if I could, and now I simply cannot for the sake of completeness for my Cap run. Lord knows I'll probably end up getting Frank Cho to sign the book for SS :S

I would normally enjoy the fact that there are variant covers for a series that I love collecting. My only gripe is that I wanted to completely avoid the whole Ape thing if I could, and now I simply cannot for the sake of completeness for my Cap run. Lord knows I'll probably end up getting Frank Cho to sign the book for SS :S

:hi: Hiyo!

hm ... love the Frank Cho stab. The personal connection to the series seems noteworthy. Trying to avoid the ape thing, but rather submitt and not fight the urge is admorable, but for the sake of collection (?)... I must deduct you on that reasoning. Few gramatical errors... but I rated that as a NM/M(-).

You tried to submitt a 10 or 9.9 and ended up with... 9.3 (Sig Universal/ w/off-w pgs)

Thats a cool cover... I'm not sold on the Marvel Apes Series but the covers are dope.

The mantra for the modern comic book reader:

"I'm not sold on ____________ but the covers are dope."

Thats a cool cover... I'm not sold on the Marvel Apes Series but the covers are dope.

WHo are you a shill for?

I will probably just buy marvel apes 1 and any Moon Knight ape appearances.

Got my main MK variant though.

mk21v.jpg

Yea its alright. I find it to be a bit crowded. I do like the wolverine one with the bananas which is a fun cover. I'd be like oh noes an ape with three bananas and run since I wouldn't want a bunch of squashed bananas all over me. It could be quite a mess.

I am not totally sold on the marvel apes idea either why I am just gong to get #1 just in case its value goes up. I do like the concept of a variant like this where we have apes just for the cover. They could do a frog one and a dino one and whatever and I think would make for more interesting covers other then having 5 variants of the same book that all look the same. I wouldn't want every book to have that variant but like every month have a cover theme in which a few like 1-3 may have a variant cover depecting that theme. I am sure you could come up with some whacky themes lol .

WHo are you a shill for?

Hes right though that some people do buy due to the covers and it even stretches into other eras. I myself buy a lot of my silver age dc war and my marvel age horror strictly based off if I like the cover or not. Some of my moderns such as my modern Spider-Mans are based off cover too.

I will probably just buy marvel apes 1 and any Moon Knight ape appearances.

Got my main MK variant though.

mk21v.jpg

:hi: Hiyo!

lol ... now I know what happen to Michael Jacksons monkey!

Hiyo!

:screwy:

WHo are you a shill for?

Hes right though that some people do buy due to the covers and it even stretches into other eras. I myself buy a lot of my silver age dc war and my marvel age horror strictly based off if I like the cover or not. Some of my moderns such as my modern Spider-Mans are based off cover too.

I thought that very thing after I posted that last night. lol I was more irritated by what I perceive to be a repeat of the Marvel Zombies garbage than anything else, though.

I can't like the art??? (shrug) It's fun and it looks pretty cool to me... What's not to like about super hero monkeys?

I can't like the art??? (shrug) It's fun and it looks pretty cool to me... What's not to like about super hero monkeys?

They keep stealing my bananas!

I can't like the art???

I think that is the exact opposite of what I was saying. :makepoint:

No comics are not supposed to be fun, funny, cool or have entertaining art. They are only for deep well thought out stories of continuity and resale value.

No comics are not supposed to be fun, funny, cool or have entertaining art. They are only for deep well thought out stories of continuity and resale value.

I feel that, some people just like sucking all the fun out of comics.

Keep the monkeys away from my hands! Keep the monkeys away from my hands!

Keep the monkeys away from my hands! Keep the monkeys away from my hands!

Take the damned dirty ape off my paws... lol.