• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Else Fed up with EBAY?

130 posts in this topic

Would you believe That I have a 99.6% feedback rating & now as of this morning I got suspended with No legitimate reason for 30 days, I am beyond livid over this. Ebay has taken no action against the buyers who are getting away with scamming people & giving them more ways to be creative.

Looks like I will be doing more local shows / conventions or posting a lot of other stuff on our website that is not supplies.

I just finished chatting with a ebay rep. I got nowhere with them. It is pathetic what ebay has working for them. There is no Phone lines connected to customer support. I am being penalized for 1 negative feedback that causes a 30 day suspension, My first negatives in 4 years. I guess when you have over 2,000 + positives from the last 4 years or more, It doesn't mean squat

I am opened to other suggestions.

Charles

Charles, it's why I created my website. But Ebay already has the eyeballs and that makes all the difference. Plus they do quite a bit more besides. I'm always impressed with ebay and what they represent. It ain't perfect but there's not much else to go to for $1-$50 raw books.

www.popculturesales.com

Charles, it's why I created my website. But Ebay already has the eyeballs and that makes all the difference. Plus they do quite a bit more besides. I'm always impressed with ebay and what they represent. It ain't perfect but there's not much else to go to for $1-$50 raw books.

http://www.popculturesales.com

CGC Sales Boards! :wishluck:

Right now, I am at the point that I will get rid of ebay altogether. I have talked to a few dealers at conventions that were posting on ebay as long as I have. We all saw this coming, Once Ebay changed their feedback policies, It opened up a door for buyers to take advantage of certain situations on their rules & knowing the seller has no say in any matter. We knew that we will get more negatives & we knew that the scamming is out of control.

I had someone ended an auction & left a negative because he felt shipping was too high, I can document the proof that I wasn't gauging on shipping. Ebay didn't want to hear about that.

Another Package was sent to the buyer with tracking number & insurance, Buyer says stuff came damaged & want new ones right away & get this, He doesn't want to send the damaged products back. I was willing to pay the shipping on his part, but says he does not want to do the legwork to the Post office.

Is it me or is this just wrong?

The sad thing is that only a handful of these scammers that Ebay is now protecting has ruined the millions of good & decent buyers from getting the opportunity to get a great deal on Ebay.

Give me a few days, It is going to take awhile for me to post nice pictures up, I have lots of sets, Full Runs, some Michael Turner stuff that he signed (NOT CGC) lots of toys & oh yes, Our Supplies

Another Package was sent to the buyer with tracking number & insurance, Buyer says stuff came damaged & want new ones right away & get this, He doesn't want to send the damaged products back. I was willing to pay the shipping on his part, but says he does not want to do the legwork to the Post office.

You are correct to stick to your guns in this situation. It is never unreasonable to insist that the items to be sent back. It is never reasonable to refuse to send the items back when the seller pays the shipping cost. This is just about the only protection against fraud a seller has.

Would you believe That I have a 99.6% feedback rating & now as of this morning I got suspended with No legitimate reason for 30 days, I am beyond livid over this. Ebay has taken no action against the buyers who are getting away with scamming people & giving them more ways to be creative.

Looks like I will be doing more local shows / conventions or posting a lot of other stuff on our website that is not supplies.

I just finished chatting with a ebay rep. I got nowhere with them. It is pathetic what ebay has working for them. There is no Phone lines connected to customer support. I am being penalized for 1 negative feedback that causes a 30 day suspension, My first negatives in 4 years. I guess when you have over 2,000 + positives from the last 4 years or more, It doesn't mean squat

I am opened to other suggestions.

Charles

This is absolutely RIDICULOUS! I cannot believe Ebay suspended you.The new feedback rules are a complete utter disaster!

First I have no control on UPS Shipping Charges, A Buyer order 5 cases of Basketball Holders (4 to a case) 5 cases. UPS hundred weight is 150 lbs & the cheapest way from NJ to Ca is $146.00. I admit that it is high but that is NOT my price, It is UPS. Did I deserve that negative FB for that. I wanted to show & prove this on my dispute on Ebay but they didn't want to hear about it.

I guess I had no idea you were shipping something that weighed 150lbs. Maybe if you open your store back up next month. Just stick with smaller lighter items with shipping costs under $10.00, get away from bulk sales. Just a thought. Ebay has the buyers, I tried my own web site and it did not work. Aside from poor overall sales. I had more problems with stolen credit cards being used, which I had to give the money back plus $35.00 processing fee. Some people would place orders and simply not pay for them. So you spend time pulling orders that go nowhere. I have 35,000 feedbacks on ebay and I would say I had signifigantly more problems with buyers on my personal site, than with buyers on Ebay.

I bought some short Magazine boxes from you at the Philly show to send back books I bought. Everything worked out as the books made it home safe. Thanks for offering your products at the convention. Hope this Ebay thing fixes itself for you.

Although I do not use it. Ebay has a place you enter the weight of the package. It than offers the buyer the shipping cost based on there zip code. This could be done with heavier packages and I would think Ebay could not dispute your shipping costs that you charge. Hope this helps as it seems odd Ebay has suspended you because of the one negative, it appears to me its the shipping charges.

It is more than that, There are way too many people since the feedback changes are saying they did not get their package, Lost in the mail, stuff came damaged. I am willing to cooperate with everyone, but it is happen more often than before

All I know that it has been 4 years since my last negative & ebay did help me out (that was 4 years ago) Also there was not a lot of buyers trying to scam you, Now it is Non stop, getting at least 4 a week.