• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Else Fed up with EBAY?

130 posts in this topic

Although I may have come off as contentious...twas not my intent.

As far as constructive criticism: Don't assume that because you are having difficulties on eBay that it sucks and should die a horrible death...there obviously was something that sent up red flags on eBays end and the resulting penalty was directed at you. My suggestion is to find out exactly what that problem is and alliviate it.

You say you talked to eBay and they had no answers for you. Well...I simply cannot except that the reason for your suspension is so difficult to attain. A bad shipping quote or an item not recieved are hardly suspension worthy.

Find out what happened then post the reason here.

So...bottom line...I'm not fed up with eBay...

-Rick-

Although I may have come off as contentious...twas not my intent.

As far as constructive criticism: Don't assume that because you are having difficulties on eBay that it sucks and should die a horrible death...there obviously was something that sent up red flags on eBays end and the resulting penalty was directed at you. My suggestion is to find out exactly what that problem is and alliviate it.

You say you talked to eBay and they had no answers for you. Well...I simply cannot except that the reason for your suspension is so difficult to attain. A bad shipping quote or an item not recieved are hardly suspension worthy.

Find out what happened then post the reason here.

So...bottom line...I'm not fed up with eBay...

-Rick-

Ok, im not looking for an arguement. Point is, we spoke to ebay. They said the two negs this month brought our rating down for the month. That is the EXACT reason. So my point is that 4 years without a negative means absolutely nothing because since ebay changed their rules it is basically a free-for-all for the buyers to keep scamming.You say the bottom line is that you are not fed up with ebay. That is fine and ok for you. However, if you read the title thread it asks the question: Who IS fed up with ebay. So this is not about you either. Either way, i hope it does not happen to you and you stay pleased with ebay for as long as you can. :foryou:Jeff

hm Two negs in one month and you were suspended? That seems wrong, especially with the new feedback rule.

Were both for nonreceipt of items? Maybe that was the red flag.

I had a non paying bidder, filed non paying bidder alert, they never responded, so they get a strike, wow. Does not matter they wasted my time using a buy it now, I can't even leave a non paying bidder a negative, joke.

I so wanted to give a certain dork npb a neg! :censored:

Do you mind I ask what your DSR scores were, they seem to be more important than the feedback percentage. Otherwise you may look at setting up an account on Amazon to post your new collecting supplies. I've sold alot of stuff there over the years and they do have traffic and stuff does sell. I sold alot of trade paperbacks, plus I remember selling some hot toys on Christmas. I got much better prices than what they were selling for on Ebay. Plus no hassles as you are required to pay via credit card on Amazon when you make the purchase. Ebay is copying Amazon by elimitating checks and money orders. Ebay is going for the fixed price, fixed shipping model with instant credit card payment.

Would you believe That I have a 99.6% feedback rating & now as of this morning I got suspended with No legitimate reason for 30 days, I am beyond livid over this. Ebay has taken no action against the buyers who are getting away with scamming people & giving them more ways to be creative.

Looks like I will be doing more local shows / conventions or posting a lot of other stuff on our website that is not supplies.

I just finished chatting with a ebay rep. I got nowhere with them. It is pathetic what ebay has working for them. There is no Phone lines connected to customer support. I am being penalized for 1 negative feedback that causes a 30 day suspension, My first negatives in 4 years. I guess when you have over 2,000 + positives from the last 4 years or more, It doesn't mean squat

I am opened to other suggestions.

Charles

BOMB them! :sumo:

(Homeland Security I didn't say that! :devil: )

However, if you read the title thread it asks the question: Who IS fed up with ebay.

Jeff

Me :hi:

Hey Jeff, we all know Ebay sucks...just some people are still living in a closet. Anyhow, you don't need Ebay, they need you! So stick with your web site and screw Egay.

Originally Posted By: kahml
Based on his feedback left for others, he has a PayPal address that is >not< the one that he wants the items shipped to.

I know that invalid contact information will get you a suspension, but I don't know if having different addresses is a violation.

It's not, I have 5 different addresses on file with paypal..in four different countries and have been using them for years

Thanks for the clarification. And I sincerely doubt you abuse the system.This bidder seems to have a propensity for negging sellers when they ship to the "confirmed" PayPal address.I can only wonder as to >how< he communicates the "where to ship to" information....Larry
I can see that as being a huge problem for him. There's a sizeable amount of sellers who, under no circumstances whatsoever, do not respond to messages or emails or homing pigeons.

The DSR score went low because of the negative feedback, Ebay looks at the score for the last 30 days. They no longer care about the Feedback percentage rating. We are still baffled by these new rules.

You are right that we don't need Ebay anymore, I just started posting some of the items on my website. It is a lot of extra work, But the bright side of posting on the website or even on these boards is that there is NO FEES taken out, Unless you use Paypal (that is another issue)

When we were talking to a rep on the phone, He made a statement that before 8% of sellers were abusing the buyers in the feedback ratings. So I simply asked what are the rating "what about the Buyers abusung the sellers since the feedback changes, What is the percentage on that?" The rep could not give us a straight answer. the answer was "We don't have those statistcs". I find that unacceptable.

I can keep going on & on about the new policies & I know it is going to get worse. I guess the (Genius') that work on the board of directors on Ebay don' know the expression "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it"

Right now it is time to move on.

I will be posting some stuff on these boards sometime next week.

I always use bubble wrap, then I surround the edges in cardboard...

You tell me how it got broke.

"Oh honey, look at my new book" "oops I dropped it" "let's get the schmuck ebay seller to buy me a new one"

I can only imagine. :mad:

Its the typical down fall of our society.... No one once to take responsibility for them self, they want to blame it on others.

I.E.

"It's that ebay guys fault, he should have put packing peanuts in the box, so when I pulled out the bubble wrapped book, unwrapped it, admired what a great deal it was then accidentally dropped it, there should have been packing peanuts on the floor to absorb the shock to the CGC case"

Wow!! Should've known! :)

honestly, ebay should watch itself. someone who has spent many long hours building up an ebay business who needs it to pay his mortgage and such is going to get ph*cked by these arbitrary rules, get suspended for a month or whatever, and he is going to snap and go to san jose and pull a columbine X 10. there are simply too many people on the edge out there, and too many high impact firearms, for this not to eventually happen, particularly within a few hundred miles of ebay's offices where there are a lot of people teetering on the brink of financial collapse for whom a 30 day suspension for no real reason would put them over the edge. i feel bad for the low level types who will get caught up in this, but upper management should have known it was coming. you mess with people's livelihood in this country and crazy sh*t happens.

(and no, i'm not talking about me. i live 3,000 miles away and have better things to do with my time. nor do i really live off the $60 or $70 a month I make on ebay)

Would you believe That I have a 99.6% feedback rating & now as of this morning I got suspended with No legitimate reason for 30 days, I am beyond livid over this. Ebay has taken no action against the buyers who are getting away with scamming people & giving them more ways to be creative.

Looks like I will be doing more local shows / conventions or posting a lot of other stuff on our website that is not supplies.

I just finished chatting with a ebay rep. I got nowhere with them. It is pathetic what ebay has working for them. There is no Phone lines connected to customer support. I am being penalized for 1 negative feedback that causes a 30 day suspension, My first negatives in 4 years. I guess when you have over 2,000 + positives from the last 4 years or more, It doesn't mean squat

I am opened to other suggestions.

Charles

BOMB them! :sumo:

(Homeland Security I didn't say that! :devil: )

:signfunny:

honestly, ebay should watch itself. someone who has spent many long hours building up an ebay business who needs it to pay his mortgage and such is going to get ph*cked by these arbitrary rules, get suspended for a month or whatever, and he is going to snap and go to san jose and pull a columbine X 10. there are simply too many people on the edge out there, and too many high impact firearms, for this not to eventually happen, particularly within a few hundred miles of ebay's offices where there are a lot of people teetering on the brink of financial collapse for whom a 30 day suspension for no real reason would put them over the edge. i feel bad for the low level types who will get caught up in this, but upper management should have known it was coming. you mess with people's livelihood in this country and crazy sh*t happens.

(and no, i'm not talking about me. i live 3,000 miles away and have better things to do with my time. nor do i really live off the $60 or $70 a month I make on ebay)

I understand what you are saying. For the record too, i am 3,000 miles away as well, and am grateful for much in life and have better things to do as well than to let ebay ruin it. (thumbs u

EBAY NOTICE

We're taking steps to give sellers the most dynamic marketplace on the Internet: reduced upfront cost, optimized exposure, and a more consistent buyer experience to drive more sales.

Reduced upfront fees for Fixed Price:

List multi-quantity items up to 30 days for just 35¢

We're lowering the upfront cost of selling in Fixed Price with a great new package of benefits:

New 35¢ Insertion Fee, regardless of asking price or item quantity

NEW 30-day duration at no extra cost with automatic renewal option to boost efficiency

Adjusted Final Value Fees - reduced in some categories

Boost in exposure based on listings' recent sales

This is the perfect opportunity to list more inventory in Fixed Price at a low upfront cost--including moving your best Stores inventory to full exposure on eBay.

Plus, we're holding the line on current fees for auction-style listings. When you

start pricing low, and with ending-soonest exposure, auction-style listings are still

the best deal on eBay.

Driving more sales with a more consistent buyer experience

We're taking other steps to ensure buyers keep coming back to eBay:

Limits on shipping and handling charges in some categories

Big seller rewards for free shipping, including free subtitle, a boost in search results, and double PowerSeller fee discounts

No more checks and money orders

New seller standards: Minimum 4.3 on all DSRs

More relevant search results to drive more sales: We're optimizing Best Match to surface the inventory most relevant to each buyer and show the best of Auction-style and Fixed Price.

END

If you notice it is for best BUYER experience, Am I missing something, It says you need an average of a 4.3 DSR rating, Mine is way above that & still got susupended.

PAYPAL only? Some sellers don't even like accepting Paypal ( another FEE on top of a FEE )

It also makes it easier for a Scammer to be more creative (my recent events)

Wasn't Ebay use to be the top of the line for auctions, Now it is trying to do what Amazon does. I guess Amazon must of put a big hurtin on Ebay.

This might work for some people, but as a wholesaler of Suppiles or anything that is being wholesaled we make pennies on the dollar. It is great if you bought & found something for pennies & making dollars, then those FEES don't hurt you.

The FREE shipping, Who determines what a package weighs (if shipped USPS), Multiple winnings, Combined shipping? How does that work?

It is obvious where eBay want to head with all of this. The current management are embarrassed by their roots and wish to become an online clearing house for all the big names. And that's all. The small seller simply doesn't generate enough income and so they want rid.

Stupidly, with economic pressures everywhere, the market for selling unwanted goods, and buying required goods cheaply, could not be bigger. And Paypal only? Lovely...more fees gouged...but short-sighted, too. In the current economic climate, saving those few percentage points can make a real difference to a seller.

Simply put, eBay is not the eBay that I knew when I started trading there in 2000. It never will be again, and it will become more and more like Amazon every day. Live with it or find alternative venues. (thumbs u

Perhaps we should indentify them and blow them away first...

What was the name of that movie with Michael Douglas where he got fired, his wife left him and then he ultimately cracked? I'm afraid more and more people are falling into that category. I see it on the highways. All you need is one of them to be the guy struggling to pay his bills with his ebay store as his last option.....

And for the record, no, really, I'm not talking about me!

Perhaps we should indentify them and blow them away first...

What was the name of that movie with Michael Douglas where he got fired, his wife left him and then he ultimately cracked? I'm afraid more and more people are falling into that category. I see it on the highways. All you need is one of them to be the guy struggling to pay his bills with his ebay store as his last option.....

And for the record, no, really, I'm not talking about me!

Falling Down

as for paypal only, yeah, like donut, those money orders are so rare it really doesn't make a difference to me, although on big ticket items I used to like to offer a discount or free/reduced shipping that sort of split the difference between that and what my paypal fee would be.i think a couple of people took me up on it. but in this new climate of increased scamming by buyers and ebay/paypal being unwilling to police the scamming, i don't know if i'd bother with big ticket items on ebay, i'll try cLink. my head would probably explode if I got scammed out of a $500 book on some chargeback.