• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Else Fed up with EBAY?

130 posts in this topic

Perhaps we should indentify them and blow them away first...

What was the name of that movie with Michael Douglas where he got fired, his wife left him and then he ultimately cracked? I'm afraid more and more people are falling into that category. I see it on the highways. All you need is one of them to be the guy struggling to pay his bills with his ebay store as his last option.....

And for the record, no, really, I'm not talking about me!

Falling Down

If they made a movie of your trip to Chicago, it could be called that as well. That or Spilling Drinks.

Ebay? Their customer assistance must be buried miles below the desert where no one can reach them.

They send you an email response and you can't ever reach or talk to a live person.

Me thinks ebay's gotten too big for it's britches...

Me thinks ebay's gotten too big for it's britches...

Me thinks you're absolutely correct. There's nothing more enjoyable than watching a big company such as eBay, Enron, etc. shoot themselves in the foot. rantrant

Shark

Just a Quick Heads up, I posted this up in the sales thread for websites.

Hello Everyone,

Some of you already know that we have had our problems with Ebay. We were planning to post some merchandise on the CGC boards but this is taking longer than expected. Right now We have some stuff posted on our website.

We will give all board members only 25% off marked price (Supplies NOT included)

Although We will give you our lowest advertised price regardless of quantity. This will not be in effect forever. This only pertains to items that are in stock right now.

We have lots of Sets. Full Runs, variant comics, Non Sports & sports cards, Prints, Posters, toys, action figures & so much more.

When you finish your order on the checkout screen, simply put your CGC board member name in the comment box. We will manually deduct 25% from your order

More stuff is being posted, so check our website daily.

PM or email me for shipping quote if you need.

Sorry to hear about this... I too have had it up to here with Ebay.

My main beefs:

ZERO customer support;

Defending the scammers and punishing the straight sellers/users, and

Now I'm having a headache simply posting my items with the actual location (CANADA).

All of this in addition to the ever-increasing fees... *sigh*

Is this the first step to a return the convention days of old?

I heard of what another auction site does - gives bidders 4 additional minutes to bid on something (as long as they have submitted a bid before the auction closes to the non-bidders). This would make it fairer for the folks that actually want to bid on something for their collection, leaving 4 additional minutes for the "players" to bid. It would also solve the problem of snippers bidding in the last 30 seconds, snatching items out from under bidders willing to bid higher. Seems to benefit everyone except maybe the snippers that aren't really willing to competitively bid on an item. I snipe myself, but I always am amazed how folks who seemingly "want" an item, wait till the last day to bid, throw up a bid only high enough to be "high bidder" and expect to remain the high bidder through the day until the end of the auction, and then lose because someone else "watches" the item in the last few minutes and snipes it before the hammer falls.

I think the idea has merit and deserves consideration. That and dropping fees or extending listing times.

Bob

I heard of what another auction site does - gives bidders 4 additional minutes to bid on something (as long as they have submitted a bid before the auction closes to the non-bidders). This would make it fairer for the folks that actually want to bid on something for their collection, leaving 4 additional minutes for the "players" to bid. It would also solve the problem of snippers bidding in the last 30 seconds, snatching items out from under bidders willing to bid higher. Seems to benefit everyone except maybe the snippers that aren't really willing to competitively bid on an item. I snipe myself, but I always am amazed how folks who seemingly "want" an item, wait till the last day to bid, throw up a bid only high enough to be "high bidder" and expect to remain the high bidder through the day until the end of the auction, and then lose because someone else "watches" the item in the last few minutes and snipes it before the hammer falls.

I think the idea has merit and deserves consideration. That and dropping fees or extending listing times.

Bob

Having a function that devalues the snipe like the 4 minute time extension doesn't level the playing field for those who wouldn't be awake when the auction ends (i.e. foreign bidders).

Bob

Having a function that devalues the snipe like the 4 minute time extension doesn't level the playing field for those who wouldn't be awake when the auction ends (i.e. foreign bidders).

Or for people who don't want to waste their time bidding for an extended period of time. To the "losers", just bid higher if you're tired of losing. :banana:

Bob

Or for people who don't want to waste their time bidding for an extended period of time. To the "losers", just bid higher if you're tired of losing. :banana:

Ed Zachary!

If you're that worried about it either set your max bid snipe along with everybody else or actually put your max bid in place from the get go.

If you're really willing to pay XX dollars for the book then you shouldn't be angry if you end up paying XX dollars for the book.

Either way, if you snooze you can lose. zzz And no matter how high you bid, a person that never bid but is watching can outbid you by a dollar and win it. And if you bid your max and lose it, maybe you didn't have the budget to compete with another bidder.

I snipe as much as the next guy. Because it's easy to do so. All you got to do is be there for the close. Problem is, the good stuff is fading. People who have good stuff, are ether using BIN or reserves, if they bother at all. I put a $200 slabbed book up and got $50+. The same exact book, un-slabbed and in lower grade got more than double on ebay. How long do you think sellers are going to pay the ridiculous ebay listing fees and give books away?

I don't know why ebay even charges listing fees, since they take a cut of everything sold. I think they'd be better off letting people list for free. Maybe the selection we used to see would return. Until then, I think clink and commicconnect are going to be the place I sell my dupes.

they have listing fees to discourage people from listing.

think of all the that pops up on 10 cent day....

now think of everything, in all categories if there were no listing fees?

you'd never be able to find anything.

I'm starting to notice a really bad attitude on EBay, and after selling off a few extra items a few weeks back, I get some strange emails today, with thinly-veiled threats that they'll leave me negs if I don't send a refund and let them keep the item.

They haven't asked for so much outright, but it's moving in that direction. Naturally, they'll get jack sheit from me without sending something back but this behavior is obviously due to the "Neg the Sellers" plan at EBay.

I am about 2 minutes away from never selling on that POS site ever again. It's just pure stupidity to work under such a flawed system.