• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Cover Artifacts

2 posts in this topic

I started a similar thread in General, but I figure the GA posters here might be able to answer my questions.

I started a page to catalog all of the cover artifacts I've come across. This includes the variety of distributor slugs that can be found on the covers of GA comics:

Comic Book Cover Artifacts

I have five "unknowns" at the bottom of the page: SDD, CDL, CMM, SDC, and SCDC.

SDD and CDL are Canadian dist. companies and can be found on all sorts of GA/SA books distributed in Canada.

CMM can be found on Archie comics after Archie ended their deal with Fawcett.

SDC and SCDC can be found on early Charlton comics.

If anyone knows the names of the companies that used these slugs I would appreciate the info!

Updated.

I was given the following info regarding CDL:

Hey Gifflefunk - were you wondering what the "CDL" on the EC Canadian reprints stood for? In CBM # 80, on page 74, Mel Taylor wrote an article on them, and states that it stands for Colonial Distributors Limited.

And I've added the later Kable slug (K in Shield) and a new distributor slug from the Golden Age: CMI.