• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not that I'm complaining....

19 posts in this topic

....but my DD 181 came back a NM+/9.6, how it did this I don't know. I can't show you due to the fact that I do not have a scanner, but if you look right down on the book the back cover and pages "staircase" up to the front cover, with about 1/8 inch of difference between where the back cover starts and the front begins, so you can see the edge of just about every page, also the cover traveled so the bindery equator is not on the spine but the back cover(you have to turn the slab over to see the bindery equator. Yet, she came back a 9.6, everyone who see's it examines the case-which is untouched. Has anyone else ever got a grade higher than they think they deserved? confused-smiley-013.gif

..long term forecast. I won't be selling anything for @ least 20-30 yrs. Plus, got caught up in the "The Movies out...get it slabbed trap". Plus @ the time I had to go through my local shop, and he owed me for a Tomb of Dracula run I found for him. Part of my business includes a "Comic Hunter" service, and I let him have a collection apprasail I could not get to..so just had it done..did'nt really cost me anything sense he still owes for the ToD I hooked him up with.

That's true. That book is SOFT. Marshmallow soft. People advertising fresh copies from an unopened case on ebay will do that to a book.

Would a 9.4 even make back grading fees?

Off to check GPA...

Since June 9.4s have averaged $29.38, so the answer is "yes." A 9.4 would make back grading fees.

That's true. That book is SOFT. Marshmallow soft. People advertising fresh copies from an unopened case on ebay will do that to a book.

Off to check GPA...

Since June 9.4s have averaged $29.38, so the answer is "yes." A 9.4 would make back grading fees.

I wonder how many of those Comgeek is holdin' on to.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Off to check GPA...

I wonder how many of those Comgeek is holdin' on to.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Would he even go ahead and get 9.4s graded? He prescreens, right? With that book I'd definitely set the bar at 9.6 and be done with it.

either way it's one of the best books of the eighties.

No doubt. I'm not really talking about it's value as a piece of fiction, though. I'm talking about it's value as an abundantly hoarded book that was driven to stupid levels by pre-movie hype. There are plenty of great 80s books out there that I wouldn't bother getting slabbed below 9.8, that doesn't mean they're not good books.

there will be a resurgence in interest when the next DD and elektra movie comes out. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There might be some, but it definitely won't be the same as it was the first time around. The cat is out of the bag on that book.

there will be a resurgence in interest when the next DD and elektra movie comes out. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There might be some, but it definitely won't be the same as it was the first time around. The cat is out of the bag on that book.

it's never as good as the first time. blush.gif

you mean like spikes in DD 131? I was thinking this time around with DD 2 that the Born Again or Typhoid MAry intros (Miller) will rise in price...also if the Elektra solo movie is made, what stroy arc could they take from the 90's Elektra stories with Deodat Art? don't think so...the current series...too knew...

maybe something based on her training with the Hand but then break it off into a new story line instead of tying her in with the DD all the time...