• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: Honesty or stupidity?

Should you tell your mate that you had an affair?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Should you tell your mate that you had an affair?

68 posts in this topic

:roflmao:

This is the most unintentionally hilarious thread ever! :roflmao:

I don't know what's funnier; all the moral aggrandizing, or all the brilliant marital advice.

Seriously though, I don't trust anyone who claims to know *for certain* that they would never EVER do something immoral. We all have ideals, but given the right circumstances we are all capable of succumbing to temptation and rationalizing it in a way that allows us to sleep at night.

I like MacMan's response:

I'm not perfect, but I do my best to keep away from situations where this would even happen

One of the big bosses at an old firm I worked for once said "I would not trust any man who would not cheat on their wife."

No the "not" is not a typo.

You know what I like about you, Brian? Your ability to ignore the potentiality of a rush of "well, isn't that just like a lawyer" comments posting that sort of story would surely normally engender, were this thread actually being monitored by more than five people.

It's not everyone that can lob a softball at his own profession like that, and it is to be admired, albeit obliquely and without too much fanfare

The truth hurts sometimes. From the DA's office to the plaintiff's bar to the large defense firms... I was (at one time) shocked at the level of infidelity I would encounter. Of course many lawyers are good people -- but I've got so many stories about some of the craziness... well, nothing ceases to amaze me anymore. Strangely enough, the DA's office was one of the biggest breeding grounds for the conduct.

For many men, it's easy to resist temptation because the opportunity is rarely there.

Most guys have enough trouble getting laid when they're 20 and single, so it doesn't get any easier when they're 45 and balding. I always assumed that the primary reason most men get married is to put an end to the sexual drought. lol

I think being in a "high status"(perception) position affords certain people more opportunities. More opportunities for infidelity = more infidelity.

(shrug)

I'm gonna de-rail this thread by letting everyone know I just celebrated my 30th wedding anniversary last Tues Aug 19...I'm pretty proud of that fact and I love my old lady more today than the day I met her! :cloud9:

(And met her when I was 18... :cloud9: :cloud9: ! )

Need more shining examples like that. Congratulations!

Conragts you two (thumbs u

The wife an I will be Celebrating out 9th anniversary this October 21 but we started dating a couple of years earlier on June 11th.

Where's the "I have more respect than to do such a POS thing" option?

:thumbsup:

(thumbs u (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

For many men, it's easy to resist temptation because the opportunity is rarely there.

Most guys have enough trouble getting laid when they're 20 and single, so it doesn't get any easier when they're 45 and balding. I always assumed that the primary reason most men get married is to put an end to the sexual drought. lol

HOOAH!!! :headbang:

An interesting theory, especially since it appears most women get married so they can quit putting out..., :think:

An interesting theory, especially since it appears most women get married so they can quit putting out..., :think:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:roflmao:

This is the most unintentionally hilarious thread ever! :roflmao:

I don't know what's funnier; all the moral aggrandizing, or all the brilliant marital advice.

Seriously though, I don't trust anyone who claims to know *for certain* that they would never EVER do something immoral. We all have ideals, but given the right circumstances we are all capable of succumbing to temptation and rationalizing it in a way that allows us to sleep at night.

I like MacMan's response:

I'm not perfect, but I do my best to keep away from situations where this would even happen

Yup, I agree. Crossing lines will only open doors that you may not be able to close yourself. Anybody can fall. Anybody.

(thumbs u