• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: Honesty or stupidity?

Should you tell your mate that you had an affair?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Should you tell your mate that you had an affair?

68 posts in this topic

There have been a lot of polls about pressing, disclosure and ethics and honesty. Let's see how this works with a different subject. I. myself have never cheated on my wife but if there was no way the affair could be discovered, would you admit to it?

I said Right Away.

There's never a "good" time to tell someone that... if you don't do it right away and wait for the "right" time, you'll never do it. Any time in the future is worse than any time that came before it when it comes to something like that.

Unless, of course, you have a nice understanding about these kinds of things...

I've never been married, so I haven't had an "affair," but I totally cheated... and it totally sucked. I already knew the relationship was over, so I actually didn't tell... trying to act like it didn't happen around the one person with whom I was supposed to be able to be completely honest about everything was terrible tho.

I can't imagine doing that with someone with whom you plan to stay in a relationship.

*shiver*

I need more honesty in my life, not less!

I am not sure comparing disclosure in a sales situation to cheating is fair but it hit a nerve so here goes ....

:o

Life is full of temptations but as a wise man once said in every situation make the right decision. Being cheated on by someone you love is devastating and actually changes who you are and how you see the world from that day on.

Plus something in that relationship is broken in a way that can never be healed. In my opinion the cheater has only one choice - have enough respect for their loved one to come clean, apologize and face the consequences.

Those who cheat deserve to be alone ...

rantrant

I am not sure comparing disclosure in a sales situation to cheating is fair but it hit a nerve so here goes ....

:o

Life is full of temptations but as a wise man once said in every situation make the right decision. Being cheated on by someone you love is devastating and actually changes who you are and how you see the world from that day on.

Plus something in that relationship is broken in a way that can never be healed. In my opinion the cheater has only one choice - have enough respect for their loved one to come clean, apologize and face the consequences.

Those who cheat deserve to be alone ...

rantrant

GREAT third post in my opinion!!!!~ (thumbs u

Cheating is an absolute deal-breaker for me, and I would hope that I would be able to uphold the same standards I ask of my significant other