• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ultimate Mother Load....staring Nighthawk?

4 posts in this topic

I picked up the most recent issue of Wizard the other day and found something very interesting. When The Ultimates restarts in January with a new number one the story will be based in Europe.

According to Millar, "The story will introduce more of a worldview of the Ultimates team. Titled 'Persons of Mass Destruction,' Millar said the next storyline will take place six months after the end of Volume One and revolve around a new superteam from Europe."

A quote from Millar:

"Volume One was our first movie and Volume Two is our sequel. The lives of our lead characters have moved on somewhat. Certain characters have hooked up, a couple of them are getting married and one's lost everything and is having a nervous breakdown. The story explores the ramifications of this move in Europe where a new superhuman defense force is being initiated. Look out for Ultimate Defenders, Ultimate Captain Britain, and the best scene I've ever written in the unlikely shape of Ultimate Nighthawk."

I was kind of torn by this brief article. I read all of the Ultimate universe books and like the fact that they pretty much have their own continuity. I also like that the Ultimate Universe seems smaller and has fewer superhero types.

With the coming of the Ultimate Fantastic Four, the Ultimate Universe is starting to look like the start of a Gilligan’s Island episode. Ultimate Spidey, the X-Men to, The Fantastic Four and the Ultimates to...apparently we are about the hit the part where they exclaim and the rest....

Anyone have any thoughts or feelings about the increase in the size and scope of the Ultimate Universe or about the Ultimates going to Europe?