• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help a SS Noob

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have never owned a SS book. I don't know what is involved in getting a book signed and slabbed.

I am looking to get 1 (maybe 2 depending on the cost) books signed by Russ Heath. If anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you (thumbs u

The Questions and Answers thread at the top of this section will have a lot more information and it may be more accurate (don't take my info as the gosphel), but I can tell you what I've learned in the last year or so.

First find out where Mr. Heath will be appearing. I personally just posted a thread asking that very question recently. It's on this or the second page as of today.

Second find out if a Witness will be attending. If so, you can work out charges and fees and all that fun stuff directly with the Witness. Getting a book done varies, but generally hovers around the $35 to $45 mark plus the fees that the signer may charge just to get the autograph.

Aside from the Q & A thread, any of the Witnesses will be happy to answer any more questions you may have!

The Questions and Answers thread at the top of this section will have a lot more information and it may be more accurate (don't take my info as the gosphel), but I can tell you what I've learned in the last year or so.

First find out where Mr. Heath will be appearing. I personally just posted a thread asking that very question recently. It's on this or the second page as of today.

Second find out if a Witness will be attending. If so, you can work out charges and fees and all that fun stuff directly with the Witness. Getting a book done varies, but generally hovers around the $35 to $45 mark plus the fees that the signer may charge just to get the autograph.

Aside from the Q & A thread, any of the Witnesses will be happy to answer any more questions you may have!

What he said. :)

They are all great to work with (well, at least all the ones I've worked with :lol: ).

Are you looking to get any Mike Zeck books signed? This is a rare opportunty and one that has not happened prior, to my knowledge.

Thank you for mentioning it, but I am not looking for any Mike Zeck books to be signed.

I am only looking to get a book signed by Russ Heath right now. Any information on where he might be would be greatly appreciated. I saw one person mention Super-Con. Can anyone tell me where and when Super-Con is?

Thank you again (thumbs u

http://www.super-con.com/

Looks like may of '09. Supercon is where the 'Trooper and I got our Heath books done in '07. CW on the Boards did it. His operation is Fantastic Comics. He was GREAT to deal with. Heath has been there the last couple of years, so he is a good bet for '09. Good luck. Heath has a great clean signature and does fabulous SS!!

http://www.super-con.com/

Looks like may of '09. Supercon is where the 'Trooper and I got our Heath books done in '07. CW on the Boards did it. His operation is Fantastic Comics. He was GREAT to deal with. Heath has been there the last couple of years, so he is a good bet for '09. Good luck. Heath has a great clean signature and does fabulous SS!!

Thank you very much for the info. (thumbs u I guess I have a while to wait. Once we get closer to May 09' I will start looking for a witness.

If anyone by chance knows of Russ Heath doing a signing before then, please let me know.

Thank you again (thumbs u

-Mike