• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your CGC 9.9's and 10.0's

1,307 posts in this topic

How do you do it Dre? C'mon ... tell us! How do you do it?

He gets to go through them before they get boxed and shipped to the hinterlands. He has very, very good grading skills as well. And he is deadly with a bo staff.

Patience grasshopper that's how I do it. And no, I don't get to go through them before they ship off to stores. I pull them off the shelf just like everyone else.

Not to mention the number of submissions. He works hard and submits boatloads. There you go. There's the formula. Good luck. ;)

You know you wish that was the case Jeff - ;)

I know what a 9.9 looks like, and I know what a 10.0 looks like. I'm really picky with my books, no soft 9.8s for me. I've even been told by the CGC graders I'm too hard on 9.8 lol (I reject books that would be 9.8)

I subbed 5 books in NYC on one invoice and just got a 9.9, and got 3 9.9s on a 15 book submission in Detroit. Knowing what a Mint or Gem Mint look like and digging hard to find them is the formula.

:baiting:

I believe that falls under the working hard formula I mentioned. If your goal is 9.9+ then I would assume you look at more books. I look for 9.8's and when I fill my quota then I'm good. I find it hard to believe that we each look at 20 books and I find 9.8's while you find 9.9's right? More likely that you look through more than 20 books. That would also fall under working hard which again was mentioned above.

Do you have a better eye for 9.9+? Who found more 9.9+ Chew? :baiting: If I didn't admire your work ethic I wouldn't recommend you as much as I do. :)

How do you do it Dre? C'mon ... tell us! How do you do it?

He gets to go through them before they get boxed and shipped to the hinterlands. He has very, very good grading skills as well. And he is deadly with a bo staff.

Patience grasshopper that's how I do it. And no, I don't get to go through them before they ship off to stores. I pull them off the shelf just like everyone else.

Not to mention the number of submissions. He works hard and submits boatloads. There you go. There's the formula. Good luck. ;)

You know you wish that was the case Jeff - ;)

I know what a 9.9 looks like, and I know what a 10.0 looks like. I'm really picky with my books, no soft 9.8s for me. I've even been told by the CGC graders I'm too hard on 9.8 lol (I reject books that would be 9.8)

I subbed 5 books in NYC on one invoice and just got a 9.9, and got 3 9.9s on a 15 book submission in Detroit. Knowing what a Mint or Gem Mint look like and digging hard to find them is the formula.

:baiting:

I believe that falls under the working hard formula I mentioned. If your goal is 9.9+ then I would assume you look at more books. I look for 9.8's and when I fill my quota then I'm good. I find it hard to believe that we each look at 20 books and I find 9.8's while you find 9.9's right? More likely that you look through more than 20 books. That would also fall under working hard which again was mentioned above.

Do you have a better eye for 9.9+? Who found more 9.9+ Chew? :baiting: If I didn't admire your work ethic I wouldn't recommend you as much as I do. :)

Just giving you a hard time Jeff.

I haven't pulled a 9.9 Chew since I pulled some back issues of Chews & I currently only have 1 subscriber. I didn't start pulling Chews on a regular basis until around issue 8 or 9. Are there many 9.9s or 10.0s after issue 8 or 9 in the census? I can't tell since the CGC server is down. hm

And I thought I was playing along. :makepoint::foryou:

There are Chews 9.9+ issue 8 and above and also back issue Chews submitted since. Then again I spend alot of time on that particular title. One of 2 titles where there have also been some 9.9+ ;)

And let's not forget I've asked you to prescreen for me on occasion. (worship)

Well then I'll be sure to post a scan of my chew 21 10.0 when it comes in. Maybe you'll be interested in it.

As per our discussion you need only PM me with a book like that. ;)

It would go nice with my cover but I'll believe it when I see it. Why would you still be pulling Chew? hm

Well then I'll be sure to post a scan of my chew 21 10.0 when it comes in. Maybe you'll be interested in it.

It would go nice with my cover but I'll believe it when I see it. Why would you still be pulling Chew? hm

I still have a pull for Chew. Not everyone wants the high grades.

lol

Good luck!

Easy huh? It's not IDW. :eyeroll:

Nope!

:cry:

My new focus is so much more fullfilling than grading IDW books(soon to be showcased in my Facebook album). There's more of a hunt now, for decent copies. I'm glad, I quit those books. Everyone was telling me all along too. doh!

I still have a pull for Chew. Not everyone wants the high grades.

*Kung fu Panda Voice* .... Wha? I don't believe that statement.