• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumb Question from a newbie???

4 posts in this topic

Forgive me, but I am new here. I have searched for this answer, but have yet to find it anywhere on the boards. I have a fairly high monetary collection of CGC comics and I currently store them in a climate controlled storage unit sealed in protective poly bags, then in cardboard boxes produced by the various manufacturers that have obtained a license to produce such containers.

My question is this: Is it safe to store CGC comics in a climate controlled storage area for a long term period? Keep in mind that climate controlled can be somewhat misleading as I lease the space from a company that also rents outside storage, so all that inside storage really is, is a shed like container inside a air controlled bigger shed like container.

Also, should I be sealing these comics inside the ply bags, or give them room to "breathe?" (I.e. store them with out poly bags that fully seal?

Hopefully you can help me out?

Thanks!

Cool, dark, with low humidity is the desirable condition.You want no prolonged exposure to U.V. light ( no flourescent light ) and some air circulation is OK. The CGC case is designed to provide adequate protection as they are...the polybags are for preventing scratches to the case, purely aesthetic.GOD BLESS...and welcome.

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have a fairly high monetary collection of CGC comics

Your bank - safe deposit box if you are that concerned.

If it's a $1k book or under, it's in the gun safe, above that

and it disappears into my favorite financial institution.