• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion: The Worse GA covers of all time?

172 posts in this topic

what's the Timely with that big headed Subby ?

or maybe it's the cross-eyed Subby I'm thinking of,. hm All Winners # ???

I am sure you mean this lame POS

allwinners4.jpg

Just ghastly

This All Wieners isn't the Mona Lisa either

allwinners3.jpg

And the Timely entry for Gayest cover, I offer the following. At least Continental had the deceny to have a woman in bondage in their Nazi-Torture-Branding covers, and not a half naked lad.

marvelmysterygay.jpg

I'd love to read a solo adventure of Alfred, especially "The Stain That Just Wouldn't Come Out"

:roflmao:

Here's my suggestion, and, having seen it in person, I was able to confirm it's utter awfulness. I even despise the fact that I had to put it in my Photobucket album so I could share it with everyone. :mad:

Funnypagesawful.jpg

:o:o:o

Jesus on a pogo stick! That's one fugly cover!!!

Seriously, it's not only that's it's horribly-drawn, it is also quite disturbing the way the little girl is moving towards the bent-over boy with the pointy thingy in her hand (tsk)

allwinners4.jpg

Just ghastly

allwinners3.jpg

And the Timely entry for Gayest cover, I offer the following. At least Continental had the deceny to have a woman in bondage in their Nazi-Torture-Branding covers, and not a half naked lad.

marvelmysterygay.jpg

7324.jpg

There were so many horrible covers among the Green Lantern run, and many of the Flash Comics issues that featured Flash on the cover were usually excruciatingly bad, particularly if Doiby Dickles was there too.

:sorry:

allwinners4.jpg

Just ghastly

allwinners3.jpg

marvelmysterygay.jpg

7324.jpg

he is just about as predictable as the atomic clock. all day i was checking this thread, waiting for his inevitable toro blast. for awhile i was thinking he was gonna disappoint, but just got on and voila! you gotta love him, tho'.

allwinners4.jpg

Just ghastly

allwinners3.jpg

marvelmysterygay.jpg

7324.jpg

he is just about as predictable as the atomic clock. all day i was checking this thread, waiting for his inevitable toro blast. for awhile i was thinking he was gonna disappoint, but just got on and voila! you gotta love him, tho'.

lol

Thanks Counselor. Some of us are too busy to lob grenades until after work! :grin:

Hey, and Toro is not so bad when she is flamed on....

allwinners4.jpg

Just ghastly

forgot about that one, actually, I was referring to All Winners #2. even Caps eyes look strange.

2-1.jpg

HOLY COW! We have a ^^

^^^^

That's just a caricature, and not a terrible one. I don't think that it can compete with some of the ham-fisted Fox, Centaur, Gleason and Timely covers we've seen here. The DC wrapping paper, Green Lama and Giggle Comics are also masterpieces compared to those.

Jack

HOLY COW! We have a ^^

^^^^

That's just a caricature, and not a terrible one. I don't think that it can compete with some of the ham-fisted Fox, Centaur, Gleason and Timely covers we've seen here. The DC wrapping paper, Green Lama and Giggle Comics are also masterpieces compared to those.

Jack

"ham-fisted" lol

Great thread!, and here's my offering.

Victor Fox was right...why use Lou Fine when replacement cover artists of this high caliber were available?

43121-fantastic9sm.jpg

I have to agree with .5. I've always felt that this cover epitomizes the decline of fox books, which were once at the top when it came to cover art.

Victor Fox was right...why use Lou Fine when replacement cover artists of this high caliber were available?

43121-fantastic9sm.jpg

I have to agree with .5. I've always felt that this cover epitomizes the decline of fox books, which were once at the top when it came to cover art.

43121-fantastic9sm.jpg

It is a lame image of ole captain cranium to be sure, but the damsel is a damn sight hotter than speedo boy on the Marvel Mystery

marvelmysterygay.jpg

I LOVE THIS COVER !!! Ok.....well, I really like it. Its one of the books I owned long ago and would like to find another copy of. Gay??? Maybe, I never thought of it that way......but I did always wonder what good a red hot branding iron would do to a person whos body flamed with red hot heat whenever he wanted it to. Wouldn't the branding iron just ignite Toro????

That Fantastic Comics is pretty lame.