• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oneasian's Fan Expo signature & sketch report

41 posts in this topic

CollectingStanLee: Thanks for the report Raph, that was great for those of us who couldn't go.

:gossip: The report is also good for those of use who were there but couldn't experience the show

Nice reports by you and Jason.

And the X-Men show variants are really tough to find in high grade. My copy is maybe 9.4

CollectingStanLee: Thanks for the report Raph, that was great for those of us who couldn't go.

:gossip: The report is also good for those of use who were there but couldn't experience the show

And the X-Men show variants are really tough to find in high grade. My copy is maybe 9.4

What kind of stuff did you get done? :D

Love the sketches, esp Superman. Thanks for sharing.

Michael Cho is a great guy. I want to get something from him everytime he's at a show.

What kind of stuff did you get done? :D

Love the sketches, esp Superman. Thanks for sharing.

Michael Cho is a great guy. I want to get something from him every time he's at a show.

Done? :roflmao: As Tiz and Kev will confirm, working this show pretty much guarantees you accomplish next to nothing on your 'to do' list. I was lucky enough to get a Tim Sale Grendel sketch and that was it in terms of artwork. 2 pre-show commissions (J. Scott Campbell and Bolland) were not started/completed (though much thanks to Chris Caira for trying to help with the Bolland comm - much appreciated). Got a chance to speak with 3 out of the 15-20 artist I had on my list on Friday about commissions and then never got another chance to see them again the rest of the weekend. J Scott did a sweet Princess headsketch on a BoTP sketch cover as a Thank You for helping him sell sketchbooks during his signing sessions.

I'm slightly envious of the swag that people are showing off but I had an awesome experience and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Getting sketches while running a show is near-impossible. That's why I end up buying finished pages and pieces only or by setting things up well in advance.

Getting stuff signed is also difficult when you don't want to abuse the guest's time. You try to get it done while you are on a break (which rarely happens). Most of my time was spent coordinating programming on a different floor.

wow. Let me just say that it is nice to hear a little bit about what you guys have to do. For future reference, I would be willing to help you guys out in getting stuff signed if I can.

Indeed, that is why I enjoy getting sketches for Agnes whenever she's at a show. I really dig her style of art. I thought the Luke Cage afro was really cute.

My girlfriend just loves the Two-Face she got. I'm very happy that she got it :)

With everyone getting alot of slabs back, and for the fact that I've known about the grades I got for my books for a while now, I've decided to share the grades on how I made out at the Fan Expo

I submitted 13 Signature Series books and 2 Magazine Sized Signature Series books.

My 13 Signature Series books all got 9.8! :cloud9:

That means -

Fallen Son sketch cover - signed and sketched by Ethan Van Sciver

Fallen Son sketch cover - signed and sketched by Alvin Lee

Fallen Son sketch cover - signed and sketched by Agnes Garbowska & Francis Manapul

Secret Invasion sketch cover - signed and sketched by Marc Wolfe

Mighty Avengers #12 (Avengers #4 cover swipe) - signed by Marko Djurdevic

Immortal Iron Fist #10 Zombie Variant - signed by Matt Fraction

Wolverine/Gambit: Victims #1 - signed by Tim Sale

Captain America #34 - signed by Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting & Alex Ross

Captain America White #0 (both covers) - signed by Tim Sale

Superman #675 - signed by Alex Ross

Justice Society of America #10 - signed by Dale Eaglesham & Alex Ross

Superman/Batman #10 (French Variant Dell'Otto cover) - signed and "Why so serious?" by Gabrielle Dell'Otto

For my magazine sized Signature Series -

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 2nd print 7.5 - signed, sketched and colored by Kevin Eastman

and here's the one that I didn't believe when I heard it over the phone . . .

Raphael #1 9.8 ! ! - signed by Kevin Eastman

The reason I haven't gotten my books back yet is that I'm waiting to add a couple other books to the box, so hopefully I'll get them all in their yellow glory in the next couple weeks.

Excellent grades! Nice job- These grades reflect the quality with which you handle your comics at shows. Do you just use window boards for transport or do you go the extra mile with shells?

Nice grades. Good work!