• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bone #1 9.8 on ComicLink

91 posts in this topic

I hope it is a 1st printing for that kind of loot. Never designated on the Cgc label. :wishluck:

If it isn't designated on the label, that means it is a first printing. CGC only designates later printings, variants, and things like that.

I understand the reasoning behind it, but would it really be that hard to put first edition on the label? People like to see it, makes them feel all safe and happy.

And regarding the price, will it sell for that ? Doubtful, but why not ask insane money and see if someone bites? If listed for much less and sold right away the seller would kick themselves.

Sometimes second printings don't come out until well after the initial printing was released. In that case, CGC will have graded dozens of copies of a particular book without knowing that a second printing is going to exist, so the label on those copies won't have any notation of what printing the book is. If they were to start putting "first printing" on the labels of first printings after they realized a second printing was being released, you'd have a bunch of first printing books with "first printing" on them and a bunch without, and then people would complain about that.

Think this will get the asking price?

Bone #1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But the pages are "bone" white. :insane:

note - I hate it when sellers say their pages are "bone" white rantrant just tell us it has white pages and be done with it

I have a price in mind, but it's less than a third of his asking. He may be having buyer's remorse and is simply shooting for the moon. He did the same thing with his 9.6Q right after buying the 9.8. Initial price was $5K on ComicLink. About a month later it chipped away to $2K, then ended up as an eBay auction for a winning bid of $1325.

And regarding the price, will it sell for that ? Doubtful, but why not ask insane money and see if someone bites? If listed for much less and sold right away the seller would kick themselves.

I can't be the only one who would automatically assume that seller is bananas and look for a better deal elsewhere? It's kind of like looking at a Dodge Neon on a car dealership lot with a $50,000 sign on it.

I can't be the only one who would automatically assume that seller is bananas and look for a better deal elsewhere? It's kind of like looking at a Dodge Neon on a car dealership lot with a $50,000 sign on it.

Not defending the price, but this is a poor analogy given that there is only one 9.8 for a key book that is notoriously hard to find in high grade (not to mention unsigned).

It doesn't cost him anything to list it, does it?

Seems more like masturbation than a real attempt to sell a book imho.

more power to the seller at his asking price, but me thinks, he'll get around 4K. hm

If he gets $4k for that book, I swear to God I will dump all my SA/BA books and hunt down these weird azz randomn MA books and slab and sell.

more power to the seller at his asking price, but me thinks, he'll get around 4K. hm

If he gets $4k for that book, I swear to God I will dump all my SA/BA books and hunt down these weird azz randomn MA books and slab and sell.

I don't think he'd accept $4k so you're safe I guess.