• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

(worship) Hiyo!

I know, i know... I do not have the entire collection of Frank/Jim covers, but I am trying! So hard to find... not many (out there in the world) have all the covers of All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder, though help will be greatly appreciated!

Time for the next greatest asset for DC!

WARNING! You have just entered into the Age of Moderns of the DC Universe... enjoy!

(Grant "The Man" Morrison/Quietly... just gold!)

scan0024-7.jpg

(How bout this cover... just awesome story, love her face!)

scan0025-7.jpg

(worship) Hiyo!

Frank "Bad@ss" Miller/Jim Lee & Grant "The Man" Morrison/Frank Quietly... best team-ups in the entire comic history!

(Yup, I said it!)

WARNING! You have just entered into the Age of Moderns of the DC Universe... enjoy!

(Gotta love how Jimmy loves to be... in character!)

scan0026-7.jpg

(Hands down... greatest issue of this series!)

scan0027-7.jpg

P.S.

I know I did show #3, because I have yet to obtain the issue! (Help!)

(worship) Hiyo!

Stand back! The great work of Grant Morrison is coming through!

(I take it back... This is the greatest issue of the series, perfect cover!)

scan0030-7.jpg

(How bout those space suits! Banana anyone?)

scan0031-7.jpg

(worship) Hiyo!

It time to showcase some of my favorite writer work!

Here a little something I like to recite when I think of Frank Miller:

Frank Miller does not breath air!

Frank Miller breathes only cigarette smoke,

pumped from the lungs of Humphrey Bogart and Mickey Spillane,

thats preserved in special tanks,

filtered through a haze of twenty-five year old Scotch,

and the sweat of anti-Frank Miller fanboys!

When Frank Miller exhales,

Frank Miller breathes out pure b-a-d-a-s-s!

(Love the cover! Frank still got it!)

scan0014-7.jpg

(Do not like D. Grayson, but Frank version can change my mind!)

scan0015-7.jpg

You really need to take the blinders off!

Good God man do you even know who draws the covers your loving

Crack rots your Brain

Those were drawn by Jim Lee

All-Star_Batman_1C.jpg

This was Frank Miller

Please have some idea of what your posting about

(worship) Hiyo!

I know, i know... I do not have the entire collection of Frank/Jim covers, but I am trying! So hard to find... not many (out there in the world) have all the covers of All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder, though help will be greatly appreciated!

scan0024-7.jpg

scan0025-7.jpg

Such a great series. I loved Quietly's Lois Lane :cloud9:

:signofftopic: Hiyo!

Ares, love that cover of All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder #1 done by Frank Miller, but please do not be stupid... I know who doing the covers of this series.

When I said, "Love the cover! Frank still got it!".

I was saying, "I love this cover of with Batman. First issue rock (story-wise) and Frank got me hooked (To the series), again!"

WARNING! Please read all post in thread fully before clicking the reply button to reduce the chances of mistakenly typing something stupid.

P.S.

Lets get back to the love of DC covers!

(worship) Hiyo!

scan0024-7.jpg

scan0025-7.jpg

Such a great series. I loved Quietly's Lois Lane :cloud9:

hm Hiyo!

Thanks for the shout-out!

Lois is definitely drawn beautifully, but gotta love the panels when Superman tells her his identity!

hm Hiyo!

Not many responses... :cry:

Well how bout this little series that could!

(Bug gotta stop clubbing late at night lol )

scan0035-7.jpg

(Oh where, oh where... has my little bug gone!? :luhv: )

scan0036-7.jpg

(Lots of Monitors! Guess who's the Hall Monitor :insane: )

scan0037-7.jpg

P.S.

Gotta question... when did Ambush Bug #6 come out or did it ever!?

hm Hiyo!

Hey guys! We are now up to my Batman collection so far and I was thinking...

How about we celebrate some memorable Batman covers in the Age of Moderns?

Starting Friday (September 11, 2009)

(To give you time to get whatever of your collection scan and ready to contribute)

... lets all try and post our favorite Batman series covers so far in the Age of Moderns!

I know 9/11/09 is a time of mourning, but lets try something up-lifting (sotospeak) for whose favorite DC character (Bruce Wayne/Batman) to bring up our spirits. It is a time to remember the killed (During the incidents (NY, White House, and Pentagon) few years back), the fallen (During time since the incident in the wars currently going on), and the injured/stilling fighting (Veterans/Still-active of the current wars), but lets not drown ourself too much in the sorrowness of the day and try something a little uplifting on that day and on.

Im gonna post two a day (though Saturdays and Sundays... might not) of my collection until the end.

(This will probably give us 3 to 4 weeks to scan and contribute to the celebration of some memorable Batman series covers!)

We get lots of views (9400+), so lets put on a show for our viewers of this thread with a little break from the norm for some... Batman Series Cover Celebration in the Age of Moderns!

P.S.

If you like this idea... please post a shout-out for support for this little Batman Series Celebration!

(Though, if there not a lot support (or at least 15 post in support) then we can just put this idea on the back burner for another time and go back to regular)

:censored: Hiyo!

Wow!

Not even one person in support of a break from the norm?

No one want a little... Batman Series Cover Celebration in the Age of Moderns, eh?

How about I extend the vote for support of this idea till Monday and if no support by then, then I guess we go back to posting like usual.