• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

:hi: Hiyo!

As of lately, I have been on... :cloud9: ... reading my new DC moderns and posting on my first thread creation titled... "Hopefully... Official: Discussion About the "DCU" Big Events!".

:luhv: ... my firstborn thread!

Anyways! To not be... :signofftopic: ... and start ... ( rantrant )-ing on nonsense...

:angel: I am creating this thread, because theres not much love out here in the message boards for... Modern Age DC. Too many Marvel/other Independents modern covers being showed-off and not enough of DC... other than the old vintage Golden, Silver, and other precious metal age covers. So it seems to me that I must be the one that strikes a balance in the Collector Society's message boards and bring forth the balances of justice in the justiceless world on the message board threads with all their X-Men, Captain America (Love the collection showed by "Oneasian"), Walking Dead, and other Marvel/Independent covers showed so far. It seems that I have been declared as the chosen one to bring forth and show DC in the light that is deserved... rightfully!

(worship) ... :sumo: ... (worship) ... (thumbs u ... :sumo:

So with that said! hm ... since I finally got some money to put some of my comics (100 of 1076, so far!) in E. Gerber's Mylite2/Mylars. Then cracked open my box containing my new HP Photosmart C4280 (all-in-one printer, scanner, and copier) and scanned all my comics thats in Mylars. Plus, I got me one of those free photobucket accounts...

(shrug) ... :baiting: Why not show off some of my DC collection of moderns?

Lets show those Independents/Marvel appreciation threads that DC has... the better cover-art!

scan0038.jpg

scan0039.jpg

scan0040.jpg

scan0041.jpg

and lastly... (One of my favorite covers/story in this series run!)

scan0042.jpg

This thread needs more Brian Bolland.

meh ... :baiting: ... Why dont you show some Brian Bolland love and post your DC collection scans of him?

Here's some more super modern covers in my DC collection...

(My Favorite cover of this series!)

scan0080.jpg

scan0081.jpg

(Second favorite!)

scan0082.jpg

(Who said Amanda Walker aint tuff as nails?)

scan0083.jpg

scan0084.jpg

scan0085.jpg

scan0086.jpg

(Last favorite cover of this series... too bad only 8-part mini... :cry: )

scan0087.jpg

:popcorn: ... Where them DC modern covers people? Dont matter if it raw, slabbed, or in mylars... post and feel proud to be a DC modern age reader!

:headbang: ... I am glad I started this thread and hope it can stand the test of time with the help of other contributorsand not just me, but even if theres not that many modern age, DC readers... at least I get a chance to show off my collection somewhere, eh?

So here my new crop of great modern age, DC covers!

scan0088.jpg

scan0089.jpg

scan0090.jpg

( (thumbs u ... my favorite cover of the series!)

scan0091.jpg

scan0092.jpg

( :cloud9: ... my second favorite!)

scan0093.jpg

scan0094.jpg

:popcorn: ... hoped you enjoy these covers as much as I and sorry I dont have Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters #1, but I must say that this series run covers and story was the best and im wishing for... a return!

P.S.

:baiting: ... come on guys! Dont let the modern age Marvel/Independent covers out-number DC on the boards!

greenlantern1doublesignedandsketche.jpg

Nice to see you on one of my threads lately! Hope you got your Marvel Ape's Captain America issue... lol

:angel: ... anyways love the Green Lantern issue (Do I see a raw?... :cloud9: ) ! Geez I need to collect the whole series... but im too fascinated in collecting all things about the Spectre, as of lately!

(worship) ... thanks for the contribution and I hope for more!

Oh! I love your varient run on the Batman R.I.P! I only have two of them and I think... one is the second print. I am too trying to get all the varient of Batman R.I.P if there is any!

:frustrated: ... :pullhair: ... I cannot wait til tomorrow to show off another crop of super DC modern age covers... here we go!

( (thumbs u ... love a cover with Hitman in it! Truly b-a-d-a-s-s!)

scan0036.jpg

scan0037.jpg

( (shrug) ... who doesnt think Black Canary is hot? Good choice Green Arrow... (thumbs u )

scan0049.jpg

scan0019.jpg

(Check out that Legionnarie ring! (thumbs u )

scan0063.jpg

(I know I have posted this on another thread, but... (shrug) ... why not? Complete B-A-D-A-S-S!)

scan0012.jpg

(This cover is just freaky!)

scan0001.jpg

Oh! I love your varient run on the Batman R.I.P! I only have two of them and I think... one is the second print. I am too trying to get all the varient of Batman R.I.P if there is any!

:

I found the first 2 at my LCS for $5 a piece (bc of student discounts and talked him down).. there are plenty of these on Ebay if you are trying to get them. I am trying to find a cheap 679 locally, but it seems some of these are gaining some value.. Do you know if they are coming out with variants for 680-681 to finish out RIP? I would assume so but I dont know.

Edit: They are coming out with variants for the last 2. If you want them, best bet is to go to LCS that day so because they will probably be the cheapest on release date

greenlantern1doublesignedandsketche.jpg

Nice to see you on one of my threads lately! Hope you got your Marvel Ape's Captain America issue... lol

:angel: ... anyways love the Green Lantern issue (Do I see a raw?... :cloud9: ) ! Geez I need to collect the whole series... but im too fascinated in collecting all things about the Spectre, as of lately!

(worship) ... thanks for the contribution and I hope for more!

haha. Thanks for the kind words! I did end up gettting the Cap Ape variant.. and I probably will end up submitting it for Signature Series. haha!

The Green Lantern series has been absolutely solid since issue #1 and has continued to maintain it's quality, even getting better over time. I highly recommend it.

I totally know what you mean about the Green Lantern series and definitely Green Lantern Corps is superb too! I got into it kind-of late in picking up Green Lantern & Corps, because I was pressed for money then, but my local comic shop has basically all of the series issues up to the issues I have of both... so im happy!

Speaking of Green Lantern & Green Lantern Corps... maybe this is the perfect time to show off my next super crop of DC modern age covers... in a Green Lantern theme?

(This is by far the greatest! First 4 pages is the best opening ever, besides the cover... (thumbs u )

scan0043.jpg

scan0044.jpg

(Second favorite cover... love them glasses, Clark! lol ... :cloud9: )

scan0045.jpg

(Looks like if you call people "lame" enough times... you get to be a big boy! B-A-D-A-S-S Cover!)

scan0046.jpg

scan0047.jpg

scan0048.jpg

P.S.

:baiting: ... come on people... I know there must be some people with modern age runs and especially of Justice Society of America, Justice League of America, and Trinity! Dont let me do all the work! Show some love to DC modern age covers!

(worship) ... love the Joker pic... and man is it creepy looking! Wonder do you have any modern age DC comics to show up on the thread also? Nice contribution though!

I wait for future contributions to the thread... :popcorn:

So lets get the ball going with another round-up crop up my Modern Age DC covers! Check it out...

(This is my favorite cover of this series run... (thumbs u )

scan0064.jpg

scan0065.jpg

scan0066.jpg

scan0067.jpg

scan0068.jpg

scan0069.jpg

scan0070.jpg

scan0071.jpg

:luhv: ... I love this entire series run and its beautiful covers! Too bad the team could who did these books are not getting another run at this series in a on-going monthly and not another mini. Dr. Fate, Eclipso, the Spectre, and the Creeper are under-appreciated and totally engaging! I wish for their return!