• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

:baiting: Hiyo!

Can you dig...

WARNING! The material following-up will cause the following... neck pains from performing double-takes, the loss of eye functions that may lead to blurred vision and/or loss of sight, the loss of jaw functioning that may result in you picking up your jaw from the floor, large amounts of foaming and/or fluids to flow from the mouth, and deep hunger pains for all thing relating to the subject matter of this thread! Please enjoy!

(Another great series that I feel not many are reading much!)

scan0034-8.jpg

I know I have shown off this series before, but not in completion, but one thing must be said about this certain issue of this series I am about to show, and that is...

WARNING! The material following-up will cause the following... neck pains from performing double-takes, the loss of eye functions that may lead to blurred vision and/or loss of sight, the loss of jaw functioning that may result in you picking up your jaw from the floor, large amounts of foaming and/or fluids to flow from the mouth, and deep hunger pains for all thing relating to the subject matter of this thread! Please enjoy!

(Most confusing issue, I have ever read... especially #5 too!)

scan0040-8.jpg

Gotta say, "I respect this story-arc and mini-series more then the garbage Marvel Obama issues during the Presidential Election run."

... with that said, hope you check out...

(Wow, Green Arrow... controversial as ever!)

scan0041-8.jpg

Next one I am bout to debut is a series that everyone thought was somehow took place during Final Crisis (When it wasnt) and due to its release during Final Crisis... got swept up into the Final Crisis conversation (Due to some internet comic review sites) and was bash repetitively and not recognize for its stand-aloneness.

Here the story:

It was a stand alone one-shot issue to address a story-arc that was started and was not able to be resolved from the series Justice League of America when Geo-Force joined. The writer ran out of issues under his contract for his run on Justice League of America and then decided to make up for it in a last-hurrah in a one-shot, but due to the length of time he took to make the one-shot, because (at the same time) he was writing and promoting his book (I think it was a auto-biogrphy, because he did an interview on CNN Lou Dobbs talking about it and his hectic schedule)... it did not finally release till around the Final Crisis #2.

So here we go! Best one-shot of...

(Brad Meitzer/"Kubert" brothers ... third best DC Team-up ever!)

scan0045-8.jpg

(Great, great... great cover!)

scan0046-8.jpg

(Love DC Holiday Specials)

scan0047-8.jpg

(Cost extra, but I love DC specials... too few have let me down.)

scan0048-8.jpg