• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

:pullhair: Hiyo!

I know, I know... been quite a while since you heard from me!

Wanted the stuff I already posted to soak in a bit before blowing your mind to some more of my DC!

How has everyone been!?

P.S.

My Final Crisis collection is coming up! Hope people will be around to check it out and give some comments on them!

So... gotta say a few things about this series run:

This is a well under-appreciated, fun, tons of action mini-series... that is away from DC Universe continuity and mostly for continuity for the universe under Vertigo. Plus, you do not need to know pick-up back-issues to understand or love this mini-series for what it gives.

The opening for this series reminds me of "Sinestro War" opening... starts off with a "bang", and keeps on shooting! I truly believe that tons of you DC readers missed out on something quite good!

So here it is...

WARNING! The material following-up will cause the following... neck pains from performing double-takes, the loss of eye functions that may lead to blurred vision and/or loss of sight, the loss of jaw functioning that may result in you picking up your jaw from the floor, large amounts of foaming and/or fluids to flow from the mouth, and deep hunger pains for all thing relating to the subject matter of this thread! Please enjoy!

(2nd best opening of 2008, ever!)

scan0050-8.jpg

Time for another tribute to the fallen...

WARNING! The material following-up will cause the following... neck pains from performing double-takes, the loss of eye functions that may lead to blurred vision and/or loss of sight, the loss of jaw functioning that may result in you picking up your jaw from the floor, large amounts of foaming and/or fluids to flow from the mouth, and deep hunger pains for all thing relating to the subject matter of this thread! Please enjoy!

(Love Dustin Nguyen art-style!)

scan0056-8.jpg

Now I know people heard about this series and just passed on it, but by-golly it was actually great stuff! Finally a respectable (though another... putting the count up to 7 Black super-heroes, thats living!?) and totally great new character that might be gunning for, The Spectre!

This character not only is on-par with The Spectre, but is bad enough to deal out punishment on him! Great character return/new character spotlight... and I hope he has a part to play in Blackest Night, since I heard The Spectre has a part in it too!

Here we...

(Time to welcome back his return!)

scan0068-8.jpg