• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

Boozad, that cover is for 866 is great but that sketch cover wow!

Thanks Jean :foryou:

I was in two minds whether to sketch it myself or get someone else to do it in case I messed up. So in the end I just bit the bullet and went ahead and did it.

:sumo: Hiyo!

>

scan0022-10.jpg

You've posted some very cool covers - thanks! (thumbs u

:sumo: Hiyo!

I could take the credit, but it is DC that should take most the credit for these great cover-issues... :acclaim:

P.S.

Glad to see more who enjoy my collection of Modern DC, hope to see some more of everyones on the boards... :whee:

P.S.S.

Little pre-post hype... Legion, Man-Hunter, and a very special guest to the DC! Think you can guess the special guest?

:whistle: Hiyo!

How is it going?

Going good for me when I see some great DC collections!

Lets get back in the game, eh?

WARNING! The material to be shown will cause the following; neck-aches and pains from constant performance of spontaneous double-takes, loss of functionality with your eyes that may result in blurred and/or complete loss of sight/vision, loss of motor-function to your jaw that could result in a sudden jaw-drop (Please be sure to hold your jaw when looking through material on this thread), sudden and uncontrollable large amounts of fluids that would either result to an over-flow or foaming from the mouth, and deep hunger pains for all things DC related!

>

scan0038-10.jpg

:wishluck: Hiyo!

So, you telling me no one checked out Peter Tomasi series, The Mighty? It was actually very interesting and from page-one to the end of the first book gripped you into a mystery... :luhv:

Totally p-'ed that I was not able to continue the series... though, with a call-interview and possible later in-person interview this week; I may have found me a job to get me back into the lap of the Grant Morrison in DC!

Little self-reflection... :signofftopic:

Many nights have I cried, for the world I resided in has cruelly taken away my life energy, the food to replenish my soul as each day the world grows colder and leeches my inner-spirit out... even as I retreated to a self-made sanctuary where I stored last remnants of saved energies, they seek to take them away. Cruelly offering malice-compensation for what keeps me surviving in this existence. They often-times tease, poke, and at times cruelly shoved what I no longer can have or can receive... for they have purposely kept me low.

Even if not apparent, I see my sanctuary slowly grows unsafe from the elements, prying eyes, and unwashed hands... resentment for my sanctuary has risen in forms and in the others. The others even to seek out and take from me what I thought once protected, which at a times gave me solace... has shown weakness, loss pride, and slowly is being corrupted from the outside coming within!

I am few of many and we be many of none... we who thought of protection and safety from the others; who each day leech, unbeknownst to us, our very souls and mockingly do so, but for a time there was glimpses that the others would not take any more from us...

Oh was that time... a happy time, for it was him I had for protection; Grant Morrison! He sowed in me and in others a redemption... redemption into vice many thought a vice of an old-vice long forgotten fraternity; DC Comics. Though long I was lost within the world, cruelly I had be blinded and stored away from sanctification-vice of a fable-tool used to take perspective of the world in other terms of existence... comics. Renewed spirits I had, when I shed from the visage that I called, "a existence", after the discovery of my parents (Mother and father) separate self-made sanctuaries within two compartments within the domicile long called to be my home. Long discussion I had with the surviving-parent and learned from one of both of not what would be considered a vice, but was looked at as food to the soul... even their union to each other was through this vice or what was fable to my existence; comics. Magnificent collection of characters and many items in preservation of a crest in blood, to be descriptive of a few, not ever seen before by me... for at a time I looked at those NRFB (Never removed from box) of a fringe-society under the effects of a toy-vice disease with disgust. Though, as in all times of a revolution... there was a set-back with a death.

Long years later... I had not heard nor even a whisper of this Grant Morrison-figure, for I had long stored away with care, my dead revolutionary-vice of the remnants of my parents sanctuary... that was thought by me to simmer away into non-existence, was later renewed in year of '06 and then my creation of my self-made sanctuary in '07.

P.S.

I know, I know, but hey...

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY LOVE FOR GRANT MORRISON!

:wishluck: Hiyo!

I am feeling good today... :banana:

WARNING! The material to be shown will cause the following; neck-aches and pains from constant performance of spontaneous double-takes, loss of functionality with your eyes that may result in blurred and/or complete loss of sight/vision, loss of motor-function to your jaw that could result in a sudden jaw-drop (Please be sure to hold your jaw when looking through material on this thread), sudden and uncontrollable large amounts of fluids that would either result to an over-flow or foaming from the mouth, and deep hunger pains for all things DC related!

>

scan0052-10.jpg

P.S.

Yeah, when I got this... store could not get the variant :pullhair: