• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroesCon Grades

13 posts in this topic

The last of the books I got done HeroesCon were graded today, submitted them under a 9.6 pre-screan. The grades came in today

24 - 9.8s

26 - 9.6s

5 - No Grade (under 9.6)

I am pretty happy. Some highlights include

Captian America #14 (Epting) 9.8 :luhv:

Supergirl and the Legion #23 Hughes Variant (Hughes,Kitson and Waid) 9.8

Invincible #50 Variant and Regular Cover (Ottley and Kirkman) 9.8

Secret Invasion #1-3 with most of the reprints and DF variants 9.8

Green Arrow #1 (Wagner Sketch) 9.8

Batman # 638 (Wagner Sketch) 9.8

Walking Dead #7 (Kirkman Sketch) 9.6

nice! too bad you got more 9.6's than 9.8's though. How long ago was Heroes Con? I've got one book that I submitted at the Paradise Show.

I hope I wont have to be waiting until Christmas to get my books back from the Fan Expo...

Yeah, but its ok 3 of the 9.6s are Ultimate Spider-man 100 projects signed by 8 artists so I figure that after going through that many hands it is really hard to keep a 9.8.

Funny enough is that I submitted ALOT of the new Captian America series and most came back 9.6. I have a greater appreciation for your SS 9.8s

Next take a risk and do the 9.8 prescreen!

Na, 9.6s are fine by me. 9.8s are great dont get me wrong, but I still have a place in my heart for my 9.6's. It is strange cause honestly I cannot tell the difference between my 9.8s and 9.6. I just knew then each of the books I submitted had no spine wear, sharp corners and no signs of imperfections. I guess I still have a lot to learn about grading.

Plus if I would have done a 9.8 pre-screan I would have been hit with an over $100 charge with nothing to show for it.

Next take a risk and do the 9.8 prescreen!

Na, 9.6s are fine by me. 9.8s are great dont get me wrong, but I still have a place in my heart for my 9.6's. It is strange cause honestly I cannot tell the difference between my 9.8s and 9.6. I just knew then each of the books I submitted had no spine wear, sharp corners and no signs of imperfections. I guess I still have a lot to learn about grading.

Plus if I would have done a 9.8 pre-screan I would have been hit with an over $100 charge with nothing to show for it.

I just sent one in to be signed by Wes Craven that I think will drop from a 9.6 to a 9.4 due to SCS. Just the slightest corner ding.......

:cry:

yeah thumb dents are def. the final thing to scan for. It is easy to be super picky with the corners and spine....but ya kinda have to hold it up to the light and look from the side to find those pesky thumb dents.....sometimes they can knock ya down alone to a 9.4....just because it goes and affects other pages I think...