• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know if the Dentist owns this? (the "real" Superman #1)

47 posts in this topic

I agree that someone not knowledible of the historical significance of this piece would be deterred by the cover missing but anyone famililiar with the tremendous historical significance of this piece[[and tremendous is putting it lightly still]will not be deterred and like I said 3 to 4 copies exsist.There will be no second chance to acquire it.

frankly, as more of the history of the creation of Superman comes to popular awareness, (like the first set of strips over in GA section) this will be an increasingly special piece. I think you should hold on to it.

In every way and in every regard this is a Geppi Museum piece.One of the most worthy pieces a museum could possibly have.Read up on this piece.Its historical significance is monumental!....and alot of comicbook collectors dont know it because its so RARE and never seen.Certainly, in person anyway.

you cannot upgrade to a copy with a cover.It is impossible.there are none left.Supermans creators printed 100 copies of this on there high school copy machine in 1932..100 copies! Thats all that were printed .there are only 3 left today.not even a prayer of upgrading.The only time condition is not relevent in my mind is when something is one of a kind and this is as close to it as there is in this comicbook field we have..3 copies,thats it...

well this is the story, Dave aint gonna sell me his[he has number 2]

I bought an exact replica. I have a few original parts from barris I want to add on to it so I can say I [[[sorta]]] have a restored car..sorta like marrying a cover or centerfold to a key book...Sorta. I have the original parachutes..

they exhuast shoots the flame too