• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonCon Report

10 posts in this topic

Well Day 1 of DragonCon is done (for me at least). This is my first DragonCon and may I say what a CRAZY convention. First its being held at 3 different hotels with signings happening at all three, so I can tell you I am exhausted.

No shows today

Hayden Peniterre :mad:

Joseph Michael Linser

Eva Hopkins

Dexter Vines

Laura Martin

Lines that were nutz included a 4 hour min wait for the firefly guests.

Other long lines included Michael Rosenbaum and Ray Park

I was able to get arrange Fallen Sons from almost all guests. Some of the ones I have in hand include

Don Rosa (Captain McDuck)

Joe Jusko

Bob Burden (Flaming Carrot America)

Cully Hamner

Bob Burden although mentioned on the guest list did not have a table and was walking around the show. I finally found him in the last 10 min of the show and he did the sketch and signed my books

Overall the place was PACKED but luckily few were in the Comics room.

Day two,

Only stayed till 1:30 due to having a LOOONG 10 hour drive ahead of me.

Got to meet Hayden and Erick Avaria (Chandra Surresh) and get a bunch of Heroes books signed.

Found Joe Linser and got a few books done, wasnt able to get a Secret Invasion done.

Got an incredible Fallen Son done by Brian Stelfreeze and colored by Laura Martin.

A very cool Skrull Tigra by EBAS

A Fallen son Cap by Eric Powell and

A buffy by Georges Jeanty for a forumite

Was unable to get a Fallen Son done by Mark Brooks due to time (I was #2 on his list and he was still on #1 from FRIDAY!! :mad:)

you are a trooper, i live 5 hours away and there was no way I was making that drive labor day weekend, deal with 3 hotels and pay one beeelion dollars to get in.

This is my first DragonCon and may I say what a CRAZY convention. First its being held at 3 different hotels with signings happening at all three, so I can tell you I am exhausted.

Glad you made it back alright, Dan! It was great meeting you and thanks for all your help this weekend. I can't wait to get my all my sweet Eric Powell SS books back. Thanks for making the process as painless as possible. Great looking books you got as well, especially that Powell Cap!

Hope you had a good time at your first DragonCon and if you decide to come back next year, be sure to look me up! :)