• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 96/Marvel Feature 11 Grade opinions

10 posts in this topic

Picked up a few bronze age books that I just got around to looking over. Appreciate opinions on what type of grades these 2 books might hit. If you have the time, I've got another grade post with some westerns. Scanned books in at 150%, backs are equal to the fronts. Defects are all viewable at the large size. Thanks, here's the Avengers 96. av96.jpg

not really..those "finger stains" have shown up in higher grades than 9.2

sometimes it is a printing error...like on the dd 168?

It's hard for me to tell. At 100%, when I'm looking at the book the area in question doesn't look near as noticable. At 150% I agree that it does have more of a finger print look to it. Both that & the off color on the spine, could be an effect of my adjustments on my scanner image brightness. In person, the spine doesn't look any different than most of the other white sections of the cover.

As far as the Marvel Feature, the think that sticks out the most to me is the bottom left corner. Is the correct term for this an abraded corner? Is it that, or the tiny color breaking crease in the upper right corner that is downgrading the book more?

Is the correct term for this an abraded corner? Is it that, or the tiny color breaking crease in the upper right corner that is downgrading the book more?

I think it's the combination of the two.....and that color-breaking spine stress as well. Nice book though. thumbsup2.gif

As far as the Marvel Feature, the think that sticks out the most to me is the bottom left corner. Is the correct term for this an abraded corner? Is it that, or the tiny color breaking crease in the upper right corner that is downgrading the book more?

definitely "abraded" as it looks like it was rubbed into its current condition. It can weaken that area and forster a spine split... saw the color breaking crease in urc...and there is a color breaking spinal nick next to the mini hulk below the price box area...