• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is Fatpinko and does anybody care?

269 posts in this topic

I also think once the beatles started hanging out with lennon and getting all political they turned to junk. Drugs+politics= 1 less supergroup. The early stuff was so much fun, then they got serious and stunk.

This is my opinion BTW. As I think 99.9% of the rock from the late 60's-70's stunk something fierce.

:screwy:

Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Boston

Eagles

Stones

How any of these bands can stink I don't know.

Come on, you wanted the Beatles to sing doo-wop songs all the time ?

yeah -yeah ?

Lennon was highly influenced by Dylan's lyrics/friendship, and starting to write more detailed, personal songs starting with Norwegian Wood, which then got McCartney on a higher level etc

BTW Dylan thought Lennon was riding Dylan's coat tails a little, and came up with "4th time around" to parody Norwegian Wood. Just listen to the Melody, and then how much more rich he made the story.

I also think once the beatles started hanging out with lennon and getting all political they turned to junk. Drugs+politics= 1 less supergroup. The early stuff was so much fun, then they got serious and stunk.

This is my opinion BTW. As I think 99.9% of the rock from the late 60's-70's stunk something fierce.

You're kidding, right ?

Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Boston

Eagles

Stones

To be blunt... Your old haha.

But seriously the message is dated, the music is not that timeless.

The stones - good, early beatles - great, The rest, I hate. Zepplin has so much talent but Robert Plants voice is like cats mating to my ears.

You're kidding, right ?

Not at all. I have a totally different taste in music I suppose.

Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Boston

Eagles

Stones

The stones - good, early beatles - great, The rest, I hate. Zepplin has so much talent but Robert Plants voice is like cats mating to my ears.

Age has nothing to do with it. I like Baroque music and I'm not 300 years old. I like Hip-Hop and I'm not 13. It's about taste and groove and some people are too proud to admit that something they don't like can still be good.

(thumbs u

:o you had a cat mate to your ear!... that's gotta' suck :eek:

Now look what you started... no love for Pink Floyd either?

Talented band.

Cant stand it.

Wont support any band that supports drug addicts.

You guys have to understand one thing I can look at any generation of music pick out great bands (whether I like them or not) and tell you why I respect them as musicians.

But the following bands:

The dead , Pink Floyd, and Phish are three I cannot stand due to what there fans are. It's your choice if you wanna do drugs or whatever, but I dont have to respect that.

And I am not talking about pot-smokers.

Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Boston

Eagles

Stones

Age has nothing to do with it. I like Baroque music and I'm not 300 years old. I like Hip-Hop and I'm not 13. It's about taste and groove and some people are too proud to admit that something they don't like can still be good.

(thumbs u

I agree. Maybe not with the baroque, and classical music makes me very angry believe it or not. There were indeed some GREAT bands in all era's I just believe alot of these bands are way over-rated.

Please acquaint yourself with:

Led Zeppelin

The Moody Blues

Pink Floyd

The Grateful Dead

T-Rex

Chicago

Steely Dan

Fleetwood Mac

You'll quickly see the light, my friend.

Led Zeppelin

The Moody Blues

Pink Floyd

The Grateful Dead

T-Rex

Chicago

Steely Dan

Fleetwood Mac

I like some fleetwood mac stuff. Really talented band.

My parents listen to everything you speak of, some of it is OK. But again, some really over reated stuff. Chicago I also believe to be a great band, not my thing though.

Talented band.

Cant stand it.

You guys have to understand one thing I can look at any generation of music pick out great bands (whether I like them or not) and tell you why I respect them as musicians.

But the following bands:

The dead , Pink Floyd, and Phish are three I cannot stand due to what there fans are. It's your choice if you wanna do drugs or whatever, but I dont have to respect that.

Could you please explain to us unenlightened types (or at least me) how Pink Floyd supports drug addicts? Or are you saying a band member is a drug addict? If so, who?

Also, could you explain what you mean about fans of the Dead, Pink Floyd or Phish? I ask in earnest.

Once again. Just because I dont like it, does NOT mean I think it isnt good. There is a difference between respecting musicians and liking the music they make.

Where in the following statement did you say that you respected the music?

The 70's has some of the longest lasting music in contemporary times and everything that came after was built on it. The only other era that I can think of as being this poplular was the late 50's/early 60's when "rock n' roll" began to emerge.

Anything on the radio today is an evolution of those two periods.

Hey, you're free to like what you want but each of the bads I have listed sold more albums than almost any other artist on the planet.

BTW, thanks for mentioning Fleetwood Mac and Chicago.

(thumbs u

(shrug)

I mean, besides the 1st poster I have ever put on ignore.... lol

You fishing for your first strike?

hm

:roflmao:

Something tells me that Steve would have to do a whole heck of a lot of things in order to get a first strike. For a former employee who helped build CGC to where it is today he would have to do something that would consist of a felony on these boards. And even then I say it's 50/50 he would get a strike. When you build up as much cred as Steve you basically have free reign to do what you want to.

It's a felony that Dylan's "Desolation Row" is ONLY in his Top 25. :sumo:

:baiting:

I did not say where in my top 25.... :baiting:

There is also:

(Just Like) Tom Thumb Blues

If You See Her Say Hello

Highway 61 Revisited

The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll

She Belongs To Me

Ballad Of The Thin Man

Jokerman

All Along The Watchtower

Black Diamond Bay

Don't think Twice, It's Alright

Masters Of War

Groom's Still Waiting At The Alter

insufficiently_thoughtful_person Wind

Sara

Senor (Tales Of Yankee Power)

Visions Of Johanna

Positively 4th Street

Forever Young

Chimes Of Freedom

.....and others.

:censored: that man was probably the greatest lryic writer EVER!!!!!

Where's "Tangled up in Blue" ? rantrant

Led Zeppelin

The Moody Blues

Pink Floyd

The Grateful Dead

T-Rex

Chicago

Steely Dan

Fleetwood Mac

I like some fleetwood mac stuff. Really talentedd band.

My parents listen to everything you speak of, some of it is OK. But again, some really over reated stuff. Chicago I also believe to be a great band, not my thing though.

Ress,

You seem like a pretty cool guy. You owe it to yourself to expand on what you've heard on the radio from these bands. Listen to "Tangerine" off LZ III - Plant is not always screechy. Get ahold of a tapehead copy of one of the Deer Creek Dead shows from 1991. The Dead were not about the drug culture; sure it evolved around their music, but Hunters lyrics + their music = :cloud9:

Listen to Chicago II, FM's Rumors Album and SD's Pretzel Logic all the way through. It really is timeless, beautiful music. And if you don't like it, you can gut punch me in Chicago next year. :grin:

(shrug)

I mean, besides the 1st poster I have ever put on ignore.... lol

You fishing for your first strike?

hm

:roflmao:

Something tells me that Steve would have to do a whole heck of a lot of things in order to get a first strike. For a former employee who helped build CGC to where it is today he would have to do something that would consist of a felony on these boards. And even then I say it's 50/50 he would get a strike. When you build up as much cred as Steve you basically have free reign to do what you want to.

It's a felony that Dylan's "Desolation Row" is ONLY in his Top 25. :sumo:

:baiting:

I did not say where in my top 25.... :baiting:

There is also:

(Just Like) Tom Thumb Blues

If You See Her Say Hello

Highway 61 Revisited

The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll

She Belongs To Me

Ballad Of The Thin Man

Jokerman

All Along The Watchtower

Black Diamond Bay

Don't think Twice, It's Alright

Masters Of War

Groom's Still Waiting At The Alter

insufficiently_thoughtful_person Wind

Sara

Senor (Tales Of Yankee Power)

Visions Of Johanna

Positively 4th Street

Forever Young

Chimes Of Freedom

.....and others.

:censored: that man was probably the greatest lryic writer EVER!!!!!

Where's "Tangled up in Blue" ? rantrant

Steve was just copying the track listing, on back of his Dylan Biograph hit CD Vol #3

Talented band.

Cant stand it.

But the following bands:

Could you please explain to us unenlightened types (or at least me) how Pink Floyd supports drug addicts? Or are you saying a band member is a drug addict? If so, who?

Also, could you explain what you mean about fans of the Dead, Pink Floyd or Phish? I ask in earnest.

Probably has something to do with the bands coming to town and the jails getting filled for narcotics busts. The dead heads were the first, lots of acid, wasnt garcia a dope-head (heroin addict). Pink Floyd.. LSD is a choice at the shows, light shows are the added bonus. Phish, just tons of drug busts at that show.

I probably shouldnt be so hard on the bands. But it is a shame what seems to be brought to the shows.

And I couldnt ever understand comfortably numb. Song about shooting heroin.

Talented band.

Cant stand it.

But the following bands:

Probably has something to do with the bands coming to town and the jails getting filled for narcotics busts. The dead heads were the first, lots of acid, wasnt garcia a dope-head (heroin addict). Pink Floyd.. LSD is a choice at the shows, light shows are the added bonus. Phish, just tons of drug busts at that show.

I probably shouldnt be so hard on the bands. But it is a shame what seems to be brought to the shows.

And I couldnt ever understand comfortably numb. Song about shooting heroin.

Dude, this thread was suppose to intimidate me from exposing some of the big players of the market. Stop writing about your naive opinions on music. You're making yourself look bad.

Now, back to interrogating me (: