• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best place to buy mylars/mylites?

53 posts in this topic

2Cents worth here:

If it were not for these boards and the combination of positive comments and the fact that you post on here about your business, I would not have placed my initial order with Hotflips.

I don't know what it costs to update and a Website, but it may well be worth the investment. You can't offer much better prices or services, now you just need to make the site feel inviting enough to let people take advantage of that.

When I placed my initial order, I didb't find out what my shipping cost was until the box landed on my doorstep and I found the invoice inside, despite an e-mail asking for the info. Another time, when trying to place an order, the Web site was not functioning properly. I gave up and ended up picking up the items elsewhere.

Oh, and I couldn't get those Araks for the $0.00.

I fully support you and your business and this is intended only as constructive information.

Thanks for the input. :takeit:

Hi, hotflips.com customer here who just wanted to point out a few things. First, through the whole checkout process there was no indication for the amount of shipping cost. That was a bit annoying. There is also a link to an old ebay account that no longer exist on the homepage and the latest news item is from 2005. That makes the site seem old and abandoned. I had a good recommendation from a friend when I made a purchase so I felt safe, but if I just found the site myself without knowing I probably would have went elsewhere. Glad I didn't though, the products and service were great and cheaper than all other places.

The reason why we dont calculate shipping through our website is this: Say someone orders 5 cases of current polybags. If we ship it out UPS as 5 different boxes the shipping lets say would be $25.00 (im just throwing numbers out). Now if we took those 5 cases and put it into one box the shipping might actually be $22.00. We try to save customers as much as we can on shipping.

I guess we could still incorporate the shipping into the website and if it is cheaper it would be like a bonus when the customer gets their bill.

You should really let people know what shipping is... The $3 amount in your example isn't enough to overcome the number of people who will probably drop out from your shopping cart/website at that point. Any sort of uncertainty or "mystery" involved in the buying process will certainly affect your online sales.

If you use analyzer software, you should be able to see how many people don't complete checkout.

EGerber has a straight shipping amount charge by product they prominently display on their site. Their ordering process is a bit odd (by phone generally), but it works because it's spelled out.

Thats good news , been waiting on Comicsupply since March , given up on them .

I will check out your website tonight .

Out of pocket by 142 dollars , UK credit cards only protect you for amounts over 100 pounds ( when I placed the order it was 74 pounds , because of thre good exchange rate at the time )

Thats good news , been waiting on Comicsupply since March , given up on them .

I will check out your website tonight .

Out of pocket by 142 dollars , UK credit cards only protect you for amounts over 100 pounds ( when I placed the order it was 74 pounds , because of thre good exchange rate at the time )

I'd be pretty surprised if Russ did not give you a refund for product he never shipped you. Tell him you have given up waiting and ask for a refund.

I forget, what's the acceptable % for tipping on a supply order? hm

We dont accept tips, just hugs :blush:

It took two of us to hug you in Chicago.

:blush:

EGerber has a straight shipping amount charge by product they prominently display on their site. Their ordering process is a bit odd (by phone generally), but it works because it's spelled out.

Unless your name is OldGuy and you live in New Mexico. (: