• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st time setting up as a dealer at a show, anyone got any pointers?

22 posts in this topic

Last non-wrestling related event I went to, that had live wrestling going on, Anime North in 2006. Since I'm not a big Anime fan, and really only went to the event to see Bryan Lee O'Malley and pick up Scott Pilgrim vol. 3, I spent a lot of my time there with my little siblings watching the live wrestling.

Got to see a few wrestlers that are in the big leagues, before they made it up. Also, got to see the "Power Rangers" as well as Pokemon characters wrestling. Quite entertaining.

Darn, I forgot to mention bring the plastic bags and boards... :) Yeah, I used to "recycle" bags and boards from quarter or dollar books if necessary for the more expensive books.

The best you can receive at a show is knowledge on how to do it better the next time. The best thing you did, it sounds like, was connecting with other dealers (if you do this show again) because that can really help you down the road. Hopefully your sales covered the table cost and lunch and maybe some more.

Now I gotta get ready for my show this Sunday. If anyone's in the LA region, c'mon down. I just picked up all sorts of RRPs and variants from the Diamond Summit, and a Fallen Son sketch I'll have to scan in and post one of these days.

Joel