• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions Needed

5 posts in this topic

I know most people say NO to having someone ink original published pencil art, myself included. However I have a prelim page that I was going to get the original series inker to finish. He said he would prefer to ink the original prelim but would do a blue line.

As you can see the prelim is partially penciled as Barry Kitson looks to have penciled a blown up blue line of his own. It's a close up scan so all the blue line is to the left and features a large Golgoth head and his fist goes below the penciled characters. The original trade cover was inked by Barry and somewhere out there in art land.

acomiccon017.jpg

I'm slowly becoming a fan of Barry Kitson's work. The man knows how to draw.

As a rule, prelim pages tend to go for a fraction of the price of the actual, finished page. That's because (generally) prelim pages suck. I've seen some prelims that were stick figures and circles and drawn on typing paper. They still end up on the 'Bay and, amazingly, many of them sell.

This is not one of those prelims. This is a sweet piece of artwork. If it were me, I'd ask the inker to work off a blue line.